Abnormal termination when downloading attached file (after 60 seconds)

Abnormal termination when downloading attached file (after 60 seconds)

Seiichirou Hiraoka
Hello,
I use Roundcube 1.0.2 in the following environment.

OS: CentOS 7.2.1511
Kernel: 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64
Apache: httpd-2.4.6-40.El7.Centos.4
IMAP Server: dovecot-2.2.10-5.el7.x86_64

- Configuration
In order to handle 50 MB attached file on Roundcube,
We made the following settings in Apache and PHP.

. Apache httpd.conf
Timeout 300

. PHP php.ini
max_execution_time = 300
max_input_time = 600
error_reporting = E_ALL
default_socket_timeout = 600
mysql.connect_timeout = 600

. Roundcube defaults.inc.php
$config['imap_timeout'] = 300;

- Situation
In this situation, e-mail with attached file of about 30 MB will be
sent from Roundcube
When downloading, processing stops when 1 minute passes.
The whole file can not be downloaded, and only a part has been downloaded.

I think that the following log (/var/log/maillog) is output to
Dovecot, indicating that it ended abnormally.
Apr 11 14:47:43 server dovecot: imap-login: Login: user = <user>,
method = PLAIN, rip = X.X.X.X, lip = X.X.X.X, mpid = 17992, TLS,
session = <Ln + HLYxpAKyALY>
Apr 11 14:47:44 server dovecot: imap (user): Disconnected: Logged out
in in = 196 out = 16844
Apr 11 14:48:00 server dovecot: imap (user): Error: read (<binary
stream of mailbox INBOX UID 433>) failed: Broken pipe (FETCH BINARY
[2] for mailbox INBOX UID 433)
Apr 11 14:48:00 server dovecot: imap (user): Disconnected: FETCH
failed in = 420 out = 12552347

- Question
As a result of investigation, it seems that some timeout value is set
on Roundcube side,
Can you advise me?

Please tell me if there is information necessary for carving.

Re: Abnormal termination when downloading attached file (after 60 seconds)

Seiichirou Hiraoka
Hello,

I understood the cause.
Antivirus service is running on the OS, and it becomes possible to
download it by invalidating it.
I apologize to you for a fuss over.

regards,