Addressbook not showing addresses

TheCajun
Hi,

I am running Fedora 30

1)  At some point, and after some update, the autofill 'To' stopped
working.  The addressbook also does not show any of the existing entries
made in Contacts.  It shows the name and the group contact is in and
that is all.  Entering edit mode offers fields to enter information, but
does not show existing addresses.  They are in the MySQL database.  I
can see them there.

2)  Where are the emails stored?  I thought they would be under
username/mail/.  There are folders there, but none of the current emails
are there.

3)  Part of 2.  I would like too archive all emails.  I was hoping it
would be as simple as copying the mail folder.

Thank you,

Durwin

Re: Addressbook not showing addresses

TheCajun
On 2019-09-25 11:00, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 25.09.19 um 18:52 schrieb TheCajun:
>> 3)  Part of 2.  I would like too archive all emails.  I was hoping it
>> would be as simple as copying the mail folder.
>
> you need to realize that roundcube is just a mail client like
> Thunderbird, Outlook, Evolution....

Ok, 2 and 3 are resolved.  I had forgotten I created a new user
'webmail'
for this.  I found the mail folder.

Now for why the addresses do not show up in 'Contacts' as stated
in Original email, item 1).
--
.

Re: Addressbook not showing addresses

@lbutlr
I know you’ve solved these, but these questions point to a misunderstanding of what roundcube is and what it is not that may exaplain your first, unsolved, problem.

On Sep 25, 2019, at 10:59, TheCajun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2)  Where are the emails stored?  I thought they would be under
> username/mail/.  There are folders there, but none of the current emails
> are there.

Roundcube is not a mail server, it is an MUA (mail user agent). Your email is stored on a mail server somewhere, and roundcube accesses that server via IMAP. The server may be on the same computer as roundcube, but it is still separate and roundcube has no idea where, physically, the mails are stored.

> 3)  Part of 2.  I would like too archive all emails.  I was hoping it
> would be as simple as copying the mail folder.

See above.