Are there docs describing the built-in plugins?

Are there docs describing the built-in plugins?

Sean McBride
Hi all,

I'm just doing a fresh install of roundcube (not my first) and noticed there sure are a lot of plugins that come built-in (though disabled) by default.  From their names, some look useful to me, but I can't seem to find any docs describing what many of them do.

For example, how can one know what this one does?
<https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/newmail_notifier>

Am I missing where this is described?

Thanks,

Sean

Re: Are there docs describing the built-in plugins?

Frederick Zhang
I think the docs, sometimes in PHPDoc style, are usually placed in
plugins' main PHP files? For example [1]:

> * New Mail Notifier plugin
> *
> * Supports three methods of notification:
> * 1. Basic   - focus browser window and change favicon
> * 2. Sound   - play wav file
> * 3. Desktop - display desktop notification (using window.Notification API)

Some also have got readme files, e.g. [2].

[1] https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/plugins/newmail_notifier/newmail_notifier.php#L4
[2] https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/plugins/password/README

On 29/4/20 9:44 am, Sean McBride wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm just doing a fresh install of roundcube (not my first) and noticed
> there sure are a lot of plugins that come built-in (though disabled)
> by default.  From their names, some look useful to me, but I can't
> seem to find any docs describing what many of them do.
>
> For example, how can one know what this one does?
> <https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/newmail_notifier>
>
> Am I missing where this is described?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

Best regards,
Frederick Zhang

Email: [hidden email]
PGP:   8BFB EA5B 4C44 BFAC C8EC 5F93 1F92 8BE6 0D8B C11D

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 09:54:37 +1000, Frederick Zhang said:

>I think the docs, sometimes in PHPDoc style, are usually placed in
>plugins' main PHP files? For example [1]:
>
>> * New Mail Notifier plugin
>> *
>> * Supports three methods of notification:
>> * 1. Basic   - focus browser window and change favicon
>> * 2. Sound   - play wav file
>> * 3. Desktop - display desktop notification (using window.Notification API)

Thanks.  So that sounds a lot like this plugin:
<https://github.com/stremlau/html5_notifier>

I'll try switching.

Cheers,

Sean