Automatic login to RoundCube

Chris Wik
Hi,

We have a customer area which can be accessed by end users using their
email address and password, authenticated against an IMAP server.

I'd like to make it possible for users to open RoundCube directly from
this system without having to re-authenticate again.

I found this from 10+ years ago:

https://blog.heckel.io/2008/05/16/roundcube-login-via-php-script/

I haven't tried it, but anyway I don't think it will work for us, as our
portal and RoundCube are on different servers. Same domain name but
different subdomains.

Is there a recommended way to achieve this functionality?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

--
Chris Wik
Anu Internet Services

Re: Automatic login to RoundCube

Mark Moseley

I don't have any useful snippets to paste, but I'd suggest looking at https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/plugins/autologon/autologon.php. If there's some sort of token you're setting in the other area that can be validated in PHP, you could replace authenticate()

On 27/11/2019 18:49, Mark Moseley wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 27, 2019 at 6:33 AM Chris Wik <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     We have a customer area which can be accessed by end users using their
>     email address and password, authenticated against an IMAP server.
>
>     I'd like to make it possible for users to open RoundCube directly from
>     this system without having to re-authenticate again.
>
>     I found this from 10+ years ago:
>
>     https://blog.heckel.io/2008/05/16/roundcube-login-via-php-script/
>
>     I haven't tried it, but anyway I don't think it will work for us, as
>     our
>     portal and RoundCube are on different servers. Same domain name but
>     different subdomains.
>
>     Is there a recommended way to achieve this functionality?
>
> I don't have any useful snippets to paste, but I'd suggest looking at
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/plugins/autologon/autologon.php.
> If there's some sort of token you're setting in the other area that can
> be validated in PHP, you could replace authenticate()

Thanks Mark, I think that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess I
didn't find it because I was searching for "login" rather than "logon"!

Chris

--
Chris Wik
Anu Internet Services