Cannot access protected property Sabre\Vobject\Property\FlatText

Cannot access protected property Sabre\Vobject\Property\FlatText

Mathew Shires

I have a Radicale CalDav server which I have successfully connected to, calendars can be viewed and edited.
However I keep getting a 500 internal server error when opening an email with a calendar invite attached.

This is what's in the error log:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot access protected property Sabre\Vobject\Property\FlatText::$value in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/libcalendaring/libvcalendar.php on line 755

--

Mathew Shires

NQC Logo

NQC Ltd
1 George Leigh Street, Manchester, M4 5DL, United Kingdom
Support Centre +44 (0) 845 299 2994
Find out more on youtube.com/nqccom
© 2003 - 2016 NQC Ltd. (04854362) All Rights Reserved.

This email and any attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail immediately and neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy, use, print, distribute or disseminate it or any information contained in it.

SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Davide Perini
Hi all,
I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.

As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore using phpmail.

When I try to send an email it says:
"SMTP Error (554): ... [hidden email] non riuscito (5.7.1 [hidden email]: Relay access denied)"

Can you help me please?

Thanks.

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

mick crane
On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:

> Hi all,
> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>
> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
> using phpmail.
>
> When I try to send an email it says:
> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (5.7.1
> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>
> Can you help me please?
if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
other SMTP servers.
maybe it is something like this if something changed ?

mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Davide Perini
Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?
>

> mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Vincent Van Houtte
Do you mean you're using php's mail()-function to send emails? In that case I suggest you read the changelog before you upgrade...

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (<a href="tel:5.7.1">5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?
>

> mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Davide Perini

Ok I switched to the SMTP auth but since I have a self signed certificate I have added those lines to my default.inc.php file:

$config['smtp_conn_options'] = array(
  'ssl' => array(
    'verify_peer' => false,
    'verify_peer_name' => false,
  ),
);

and now it works.

is this ok or I am creating some security problems or other type of problems?

Thanks,
Davide

Il 2017-08-09 06:10 Vincent Van Houtte ha scritto:

Do you mean you're using php's mail()-function to send emails? In that case I suggest you read the changelog before you upgrade...

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (<a href="tel:5.7.1">5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?
>

> mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Vincent Van Houtte
There is a certain level of added risk if you do not verify the certificate, but for non-critical systems (that are secured properly nonetheless) I would assess this risk as acceptable.

On the other hand: since Let's Encrypt started handing out free certificates, I don't see any reason to hold on to self-signed certificates. The process to acquire a new certificate and to periodically renew such certificate is pretty easy.

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Ok I switched to the SMTP auth but since I have a self signed certificate I have added those lines to my default.inc.php file:

$config['smtp_conn_options'] = array(
  'ssl' => array(
    'verify_peer' => false,
    'verify_peer_name' => false,
  ),
);

and now it works.

is this ok or I am creating some security problems or other type of problems?

Thanks,
Davide

Il 2017-08-09 06:10 Vincent Van Houtte ha scritto:

Do you mean you're using php's mail()-function to send emails? In that case I suggest you read the changelog before you upgrade...

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (<a href="tel:5.7.1">5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?
>

> mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Luciano Mannucci
On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 22:07:05 +0200
Davide Perini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
> using phpmail.
Maybe it has something to do with that:

(from the release announce)
And finally some code-cleanup:

    Dropped support for legacy browsers (IE < 10; removed legacy_browser plugin)
    Require PHP >= 5.4
    Removed PHP mail() support

You should consider to have a look at your configuration...

Cheers,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Davide Perini

Very interesting reply, thanks.
I will take a look into let's encrypt.

Thank you.

Il 2017-08-09 10:45 Vincent Van Houtte ha scritto:

There is a certain level of added risk if you do not verify the certificate, but for non-critical systems (that are secured properly nonetheless) I would assess this risk as acceptable.

On the other hand: since Let's Encrypt started handing out free certificates, I don't see any reason to hold on to self-signed certificates. The process to acquire a new certificate and to periodically renew such certificate is pretty easy.

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Ok I switched to the SMTP auth but since I have a self signed certificate I have added those lines to my default.inc.php file:

$config['smtp_conn_options'] = array(
  'ssl' => array(
    'verify_peer' => false,
    'verify_peer_name' => false,
  ),
);

and now it works.

is this ok or I am creating some security problems or other type of problems?

Thanks,
Davide

Il 2017-08-09 06:10 Vincent Van Houtte ha scritto:

Do you mean you're using php's mail()-function to send emails? In that case I suggest you read the changelog before you upgrade...

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (<a href="tel:5.7.1">5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?
>

> mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Davide Perini

I have generated the certificates with Let's Encrypt using this guide:

https://www.linode.com/docs/security/ssl/install-lets-encrypt-to-create-ssl-certificates

Thunderbird does not complain anymore about self signed certificate and neither Chrome...

...but Roundcubemail continue to exit with an auth error when trying to send an email, this is the error in the maillog:
Aug 9 17:26:52 netstar postfix/smtpd[12278]: warning: TLS library problem: 12278:error:14094418:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:tlsv1 alert unknown ca:s3_pkt.c:1275:SSL alert number 48:

Can you help me please?

Thanks,
Davide

Il 2017-08-09 10:45 Vincent Van Houtte ha scritto:

There is a certain level of added risk if you do not verify the certificate, but for non-critical systems (that are secured properly nonetheless) I would assess this risk as acceptable.

On the other hand: since Let's Encrypt started handing out free certificates, I don't see any reason to hold on to self-signed certificates. The process to acquire a new certificate and to periodically renew such certificate is pretty easy.

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Ok I switched to the SMTP auth but since I have a self signed certificate I have added those lines to my default.inc.php file:

$config['smtp_conn_options'] = array(
  'ssl' => array(
    'verify_peer' => false,
    'verify_peer_name' => false,
  ),
);

and now it works.

is this ok or I am creating some security problems or other type of problems?

Thanks,
Davide

Il 2017-08-09 06:10 Vincent Van Houtte ha scritto:

Do you mean you're using php's mail()-function to send emails? In that case I suggest you read the changelog before you upgrade...

Kr,
Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (<a href="tel:5.7.1">5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?
>

> mick

Re: SMTP Error (554): ... (5.7.1 <email@email.it>: Relay access denied)

Davide Perini

I solved by adding

smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/letsencrypt/live/dpsoftware.org/fullchain.pem

to my main.cf postfix configuration file.

NICE!!!!

Il 2017-08-09 17:33 Davide Perini ha scritto:

> [...]

Vincent

Verzonden vanaf mijn Sony Xperia™-smartphone

---- Davide Perini schreef ----

Nothing changed apart the roundcube version.

In data 8 agosto 2017 22:39:02 mick crane <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> On 2017-08-08 21:07, Davide Perini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I use roundcubemail since years, I am running it on the latest Centos.
>>
>> As soon as I upgraded it to the 1.3 version I can't send email anymore
>> using phpmail.
>>
>> When I try to send an email it says:
>> "SMTP Error (554): ... "[hidden email]" non riuscito (<a href="tel:5.7.1">5.7.1
>> <[hidden email]>: Relay access denied)"
>>
>> Can you help me please?
>
> if ISP some of them  won't let you use "un-registered email addresses or
> other SMTP servers.
> maybe it is something like this if something changed ?

Roundcubemail 1.3 and IMAP Idle

Davide Perini

Hi all...
I have noticed that newer Rouncubemail 1.3 does not support IMAP Idle,
I'm not able to use it at least.

As soon as I login to roundcube my maillog says this:
Aug 10 10:40:06 ooo dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<myuser>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=22185, secured, session=<sessionid>
Aug 10 10:40:06 ooo dovecot: imap(myuser): Disconnected: Logged out in=204 out=1263

as you can see it disconnect as soon as it has logged in.

Normal clients that support IMAP Idle shows different approach on my maillog, something like this:
Aug 10 10:40:38 netstar dovecot: imap(perini.davide): Disconnected: Disconnected in IDLE in=748 out=28168

Disconnected in IDLE is the keyword for what I am seaching for.

Is it possible to use IMAP Idle on roundcube?

Thanks,
Davide

Re: Roundcubemail 1.3 and IMAP Idle

Vincent Van Houtte

Google has (once again) all the answers:

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/1813

Vincent

Re: Roundcubemail 1.3 and IMAP Idle

Davide Perini

Last posts on that thread was written in 2015 so I hoped that something changed meanwhile.
Older roundcube with phpmail was able to detect a new mail instantly like the IMAP idle.
This can be considered a regression over previous versions.

Thanks.

In data 10 agosto 2017 11:16:57 AM Vincent Van Houtte <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Google has (once again) all the answers:

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/1813

Vincent

Re: Roundcubemail 1.3 and IMAP Idle

Edie Ferrer de Gomez-Sanchez
Please remove me from this mailing list

Edith Ferrer
Gerente General
PROCOPPER SAC

Celular      962-711-930
Oficina      241-3496

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Davide Perini <[hidden email]> wrote:

Last posts on that thread was written in 2015 so I hoped that something changed meanwhile.
Older roundcube with phpmail was able to detect a new mail instantly like the IMAP idle.
This can be considered a regression over previous versions.

Thanks.

In data 10 agosto 2017 11:16:57 AM Vincent Van Houtte <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

Google has (once again) all the answers:

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/1813

Vincent

Re: Roundcubemail 1.3 and IMAP Idle

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 7:04 PM, Davide Perini
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Last posts on that thread was written in 2015 so I hoped that something
> changed meanwhile.
> Older roundcube with phpmail was able to detect a new mail instantly like
> the IMAP idle.
> This can be considered a regression over previous versions.

Nope. Roundcube never supported IMAP idle du to the nature of single
HTTP requests and short-living PHP processes. I don't know what you're
referring to but I don't see a regression here.

> In data 10 agosto 2017 11:16:57 AM Vincent Van Houtte <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>>
>> Google has (once again) all the answers:
>>
>> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/1813

This issue basically is a request for websocket support 'cause that's
the only way how to propagate updates from the IMAP server (with IDLE)
directly to the client. The Roundcube codebase isn't ready for that
and actually Roundcube Next was intended to get such a feature.

Kind regards,

Re: Roundcubemail 1.3 and IMAP Idle

Davide Perini
Previous roundcube mail versions was able to detect a new email immediately
if used with phpmail.
No need to press the update button to see if a new mail is present.

Thanks