Change label for login input field "username"

Change label for login input field "username"

forum.news
Hi,

At the moment, my RC installation ask the user to provide "Username" and
"Password" during the login. Can this be changed to "eMail-Address" and
"Password"? The login already works with provided either one of these
two, so I would just like to change the label itself, nothing else.

Thanks
Konrad

Re: Change label for login input field "username"

Thomas Bruederli-2
Hello Konrad

This simplest way to achieve this is to modify the localization file(s) and change the value for $labels['username']. This change however, has be repeated after every update of Roundcube and should be applied with a patch file. A more complication approach is to create a custom skin which replaces the login.html template. The downside here is, that the login form itself is created by an internal function and would need to be re-built by hand inside that login template. See https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Skins for details about this.

Best,
Thomas

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 11:48 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

At the moment, my RC installation ask the user to provide "Username" and
"Password" during the login. Can this be changed to "eMail-Address" and
"Password"? The login already works with provided either one of these
two, so I would just like to change the label itself, nothing else.

Thanks
Konrad

Re: Change label for login input field "username"

forum.news
Hi Thomas,

Appreciate your quick feedback!

I already tweaked the localization files for German and English, so I'm good for now. I was just wondering if there is a more simple solution. Creating a custom skin seems a bit overkill for just changing one string, but thanks for the hint ;-)

Konrad