Duplicate user_ids in database

Julian Kippels
Hi,

I just upgraded from Roundcube 1.1.3 to 1.1.6. When a user logs in for
the first time after the update a new user is generated in the sql
database. For example the user_id's 1 and 27824 are associated with my
username. All preferences and addressbooks that were associated with
the old user_id are not available for the new one. Is there a way to
prevent the generation of the new user_id? And how can I repair the
"damage" that the new id's have done so far? Can I just copy the old
entry to the new one?

Thanks in advance,
Julian

Re: Duplicate user_ids in database

Julian Kippels
Am Thu, 20 Oct 2016 09:24:22 +0200
schrieb Julian Kippels <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded from Roundcube 1.1.3 to 1.1.6. When a user logs in for
> the first time after the update a new user is generated in the sql
> database. For example the user_id's 1 and 27824 are associated with my
> username. All preferences and addressbooks that were associated with
> the old user_id are not available for the new one. Is there a way to
> prevent the generation of the new user_id? And how can I repair the
> "damage" that the new id's have done so far? Can I just copy the old
> entry to the new one?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Julian

Ok, I found the error myself. During the update I also changed the
default_host and wasn't aware that Roundcube uses this variable in
conjunction with the username to check the identity. With the correct
mail_host in the db everything is working again.

Julian