Elastic skin and user avatar in the message display

Elastic skin and user avatar in the message display

Thomas Pircher
Hi,

I have installed v1.4-beta with elastic skin and I really like it. It
looks great, but more importantly for me, it really works well on
desktop and mobile. Well done guys.

I have one question about the sender avatar in the message view. I think
it is one static picture, sourced from the mail server, and not, say a
dynamic picture loaded form an external source such as gravatar. Is this
correct?

In either cases, I would like to disable this avatar in the mail view,
side-wide, if possible. But I could not find a setting in this respect.
Is there perhaps a config file I could tweak to suppress the image from
the message view?

Re: Elastic skin and user avatar in the message display

A.L.E.C
On 08/29/2018 03:48 PM, Thomas Pircher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed v1.4-beta with elastic skin and I really like it. It looks great, but
> more importantly for me, it really works well on desktop and mobile. Well done guys.
>
> I have one question about the sender avatar in the message view. I think it is one static
> picture, sourced from the mail server, and not, say a dynamic picture loaded form an
> external source such as gravatar. Is this correct?

Yes, it's taken from addressbook. There are plugins that add gravatar support. There's
also identicon plugin.

> In either cases, I would like to disable this avatar in the mail view, side-wide, if
> possible. But I could not find a setting in this respect. Is there perhaps a config file I
> could tweak to suppress the image from the message view?

There's no such option. It has already been requested (ticket exist).