Folder names

Robert Moskowitz
In config.inc.php, I have

$config['junk_mbox'] = 'Spam';

And when I log into Dovecot with openssl I see:

c list "" *
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Sent) "." Sent
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "." Trash
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Drafts) "." Drafts
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." Spam
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." INBOX
c OK List completed.

Yet, Roundcubemail client labels the folder 'Junk'.

I can see the email in it via 'fetch' in dovecot, or opening the 'Junk'
folder in Roundcubemail.

What have I missed in my setup?

thanks

Re: Folder names

A.L.E.C
On 07.04.2017 02:02, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Yet, Roundcubemail client labels the folder 'Junk'.
>
> I can see the email in it via 'fetch' in dovecot, or opening the 'Junk'
> folder in Roundcubemail.
>
> What have I missed in my setup?

Special folders names are localized. You can disable that in Preferences
> Special folders.

Re: Folder names

Robert Moskowitz

On 04/07/2017 02:19 AM, A.L.E.C wrote:

> On 07.04.2017 02:02, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Yet, Roundcubemail client labels the folder 'Junk'.
>>
>> I can see the email in it via 'fetch' in dovecot, or opening the 'Junk'
>> folder in Roundcubemail.
>>
>> What have I missed in my setup?
> Special folders names are localized. You can disable that in Preferences
>> Special folders.

thanks.

Re: Folder names

Robert Moskowitz

On 04/07/2017 02:19 AM, A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 07.04.2017 02:02, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Yet, Roundcubemail client labels the folder 'Junk'.
>>
>> I can see the email in it via 'fetch' in dovecot, or opening the 'Junk'
>> folder in Roundcubemail.
>>
>> What have I missed in my setup?
> Special folders names are localized. You can disable that in Preferences
>> Special folders.

Thinking...  Dangerous!!!!

Is there a way (config.inc.php) to set an option so that this is the
default behavior?

thanks

Re: Folder names

Robert Moskowitz

On 04/07/2017 10:35 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 07.04.2017 um 15:36 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:

>>> Special folders names are localized. You can disable that in
>>> Preferences
>>
>> Thinking...  Dangerous!!!!
>
> what is dangerous?

thinking  :)

> every mail client on earth translates them and hence my trash folder
> in thunderbird is called "Papierkorb" and my Inbox "Posteingang" while
> the imap folders have their original name on the server

I see your point.  Though I see this all the time at conferences and my
colleagues mail clients, I have to remember to apply these observations
to my own situation.

>> Is there a way (config.inc.php) to set an option so that this is the
>> default behavior?

But my question is still open, as all my (current) users default to US
english.

Re: Folder names

> But my question is still open, as all my (current) users default to US
> english.

The option name is show_real_foldernames.

Re: Folder names

Robert Moskowitz

On 04/07/2017 12:14 PM, A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 04/07/2017 05:55 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> But my question is still open, as all my (current) users default to US
>> english.
> The option name is show_real_foldernames.

Thanks.