Folder's not reflecting new messages

Erik Osterman
If I send an email to an account, it appears Round Cube doesn't update
it's message cache. Even if I log out and back in again, the message
never appears in the Inbox. Further more, if I drag a message into
another folder, the message count increases (visually), but I don't see
the message appear in the folder. Seems like the two are related.

Best,

Erik

Re: Folder's not reflecting new messages

Erik Osterman
The reason it was not working is another IMAP session (Thunderbird) was
also connected to the same account. Thunderbird was getting the new mail
notifcations first, so RCU was missing out. Since users leave their
computers on at the office when the go home and very often don't close
their email clients, this doesn't work well. Any suggestions what I can
do to work around this?

Erik

Erik Osterman wrote:

> If I send an email to an account, it appears Round Cube doesn't update
> it's message cache. Even if I log out and back in again, the message
> never appears in the Inbox. Further more, if I drag a message into
> another folder, the message count increases (visually), but I don't see
> the message appear in the folder. Seems like the two are related.
>
> Best,
>
> Erik

Re: Folder's not reflecting new messages

Earnie
Quoting Erik Osterman <[hidden email]>:

> The reason it was not working is another IMAP session (Thunderbird) was
> also connected to the same account. Thunderbird was getting the new mail
> notifcations first, so RCU was missing out. Since users leave their
> computers on at the office when the go home and very often don't close
> their email clients, this doesn't work well. Any suggestions what I can
> do to work around this?

Force the Thunderbird sessions to timeout.  Create a Desktop Compliance
document that states what is expected of the employees.  My company
information security policy wants the users to reboot before leaving
for the day and leave the desktop computers on.  This way they can SMS
push updates and patches while the users are away.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/

Re: Folder's not reflecting new messages

Erik Osterman
Sure, we could do something like that... But I can have multiple
Thunderbird sessions open to the same account and all of them detect new
messages. We've been using Horde/IMP, which did not have this problem. I
don't understand why RCU cannot work the same.

Erik

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Force the Thunderbird sessions to timeout.  Create a Desktop Compliance
> document that states what is expected of the employees.  My company
> information security policy wants the users to reboot before leaving
> for the day and leave the desktop computers on.  This way they can SMS
> push updates and patches while the users are away.
>
> Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
> -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/

Re: Folder's not reflecting new messages

Erik Osterman
I changed the following in program/steps/mail/check_recent.inc of rev 805

Line 28:  if ($recent_count = $IMAP->messagecount(NULL, 'UNSEEN', TRUE))
Line 43:  // if ($header->recent)

and now it all works like a charm. No dupes and messages seen by other IMAP clients can also be seen in RCU.

Best,

Erik Osterman