Folders for Sent Items / Trash

Mario Jorge Lima
Hello friends,

Well, now that I found out my RoundCube version (Roundcube Webmail 0.8.1), I need some orientation in order to help my customers.

I have installed since 2009 this old version, and this installation inhibited the Folders for Sent Items, Trash Items, etc. So they use it just to read emails out of their offices, eventually answer / delete them. So they have access just to the mailbox at the Server as IN Folder.

With this coronavirus crisis, several customers are working from home and want to use the Roundcube instead of client programs as Outlook. So my main questions are:

1) In a first moment, how to simply make these mentioned Folders available to them? Is it easy?

2) Friends, do you think it would be better to take this opportunity and install a newer version, or would it be too complicated and time consuming? I would not like to lose all of the settings that Customer Accounts already have on the current Roundcube.

I thank everyone that could help me in advance.

Mario Lima./

Re: Folders for Sent Items / Trash

michaelof@rocketmail.com
Mario,

you can "manage folder" in roundcubemail. No idea since when, but quite for a while.

Install and configure roundcubemail is pretty straightforward and easy, and you even could use a docker image nowadays.
As I'm using roundcubemail since 2015 on my OpenSuse VPS, I've made all updates sequentially. Not a big jump like you.
Never had to change/reapply any config stuff. Using distro packages.

Michael

Am 19.03.20 um 18:49 schrieb Mario Jorge Lima:

> Hello friends,
>
> Well, now that I found out my RoundCube version (Roundcube Webmail 0.8.1), I need some orientation in order to help my
> customers.
>
> I have installed since 2009 this old version, and this installation inhibited the Folders for Sent Items, Trash Items,
> etc. So they use it just to read emails out of their offices, eventually answer / delete them. So they have access just
> to the mailbox at the Server as IN Folder.
>
> With this coronavirus crisis, several customers are working from home and want to use the Roundcube instead of client
> programs as Outlook. So my main questions are:
>
> 1) In a first moment, how to simply make these mentioned Folders available to them? Is it easy?
>
> 2) Friends, do you think it would be better to take this opportunity and install a newer version, or would it be too
> complicated and time consuming? I would not like to lose all of the settings that Customer Accounts already have on the
> current Roundcube.
>
> I thank everyone that could help me in advance.
>
> Mario Lima./

Re: Folders for Sent Items / Trash

Luciano Mannucci
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 14:49:02 -0300
Mario Jorge Lima <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2) Friends, do you think it would be better to take this opportunity
> and install a newer version, or would it be too complicated and time
> consuming? I would not like to lose all of the settings that Customer
> Accounts already have on the current Roundcube.
I don't remermer details about 0.8 (I started with 0.9) but everything
important happens on the mail server via IMAP.

It is a good ocasion tu upgrade: you don't need to destroy the previous
incarnation of roundcube, just intall the new one on a different place.
The only thing yo'll probably want to migrate is the user's contacts
list, but this should be feasible...

Cheers,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250