Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

Thomas Bruederli
Hi everybody

I just moved most of the remaining tickets to 0.1-stable in order to
get this release ready. Now I'd like to request the testers to test
the current trunk on their environments, especially creating and
updating the database. I can only test mysql and sqlite but there are
others...

Also all translators are requested to check for missing texts using
our online tool: http://translator.roundcube.net/

Thanks so far!
~Thomas

Re: Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

t.pajor
> Also all translators are requested to check for missing texts using
> our online tool: http://translator.roundcube.net/

If You have any translations, create me a ticket and I will add them.

--
Tom

Re: Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484609

--
Elisamuel Resto <[hidden email]>
Source Mage GNU/Linux / http://www.sourcemage.org

Re: Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

Farkas Levente
Thomas Bruederli wrote:

> Hi everybody
>
> I just moved most of the remaining tickets to 0.1-stable in order to
> get this release ready. Now I'd like to request the testers to test
> the current trunk on their environments, especially creating and
> updating the database. I can only test mysql and sqlite but there are
> others...
>
> Also all translators are requested to check for missing texts using
> our online tool: http://translator.roundcube.net/

hi,
is there any good reason why you release 0.1-rc2... in stead of 0.1,
0.2, 0.3 etc... imho there are plenty numbers out there and until 1.0
every version look as beta. and even 1.0 can have limited functionality.
i'd prefer much often release in this case more people can test the
latest version and not just those who ara use the svn version.

--
  Levente                               "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Re: Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

Thomas Bruederli
Farkas Levente wrote:

> hi,
> is there any good reason why you release 0.1-rc2... in stead of 0.1,
> 0.2, 0.3 etc... imho there are plenty numbers out there and until 1.0
> every version look as beta. and even 1.0 can have limited functionality.
> i'd prefer much often release in this case more people can test the
> latest version and not just those who ara use the svn version.

I know that our release cycle could be better but however I think that RC
is more 0.1 than 1.0. The current state of RoundCube lacks many features
and it schouldn't claim to be version 1.0 yet.

~Thomas

Re: Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

Farkas Levente
Thomas Bruederli wrote:

> Farkas Levente wrote:
>> hi,
>> is there any good reason why you release 0.1-rc2... in stead of 0.1,
>> 0.2, 0.3 etc... imho there are plenty numbers out there and until 1.0
>> every version look as beta. and even 1.0 can have limited functionality.
>> i'd prefer much often release in this case more people can test the
>> latest version and not just those who ara use the svn version.
>
> I know that our release cycle could be better but however I think that RC
> is more 0.1 than 1.0. The current state of RoundCube lacks many features
> and it schouldn't claim to be version 1.0 yet.

no i shouldn't clam for 1.0, but i should clam to be 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc
rather then 0.1-rc1, 0.1-rc2 etc..

--
  Levente                               "Si vis pacem para bellum!"

Re: Getting ready for 0.1-rc2

Yusef Maali
Alle 01:43, sabato 13 ottobre 2007, [hidden email] ha scritto:

> If You have any translations, create me a ticket and I will add them.

I'm not able to set you as the owner.

This is the ticket for italian traslation
http://trac.roundcube.net/ticket/1484613

--
~Yusef