Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

Philip Rhoades-2
People,

I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process deleted
files once a day while they are still in their original dirs - but I
don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of one-click
mechanism I can use to rename a file from something like:

   15430. . .

to:

   .15430. . .

? or something that won't display in the RCM client?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

gnul
Is your SMTP mail server Postfix?

Any sever that uses "maildir" is easy this way: simply have a scheduled cron job, run as the postfix or equivalent user, to "mv" the directories or files daily. I mention this method based on your scale of use.

Else you can use "sieve" to do this for you, in it's syntax. Installed along with Postfix is great. Usually per-user configured, with an awesome "manage sieve" Roundcube plugin. You can manually install configs for every user on the file system; also may place in /etc/skel or other new user creation script, so all new users get your choice of rules, depending on your mail storage configs.

With limited details, it appears your request is outside the Roundcube scope, but easily solved with other means.

Good luck.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018, 10:22 AM Philip Rhoades <[hidden email] wrote:
People,

I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process deleted
files once a day while they are still in their original dirs - but I
don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of one-click
mechanism I can use to rename a file from something like:

   15430. . .

to:

   .15430. . .

? or something that won't display in the RCM client?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

Benny Pedersen-4
Philip Rhoades skrev den 2018-11-24 18:21:

> I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process
> deleted files once a day while they are still in their original dirs -
> but I don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of
> one-click mechanism I can use to rename a file from something like:

try the archive plugin

after all you should not script something

Re: Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

Philip Rhoades-2
Gnul,

On 2018-11-25 12:14, Gnul Char wrote:
> Is your SMTP mail server Postfix?

No, QMail and there is no chance of changing that for the foreseeable
future . .

> Any sever that uses "maildir" is easy this way: simply have a
> scheduled cron job, run as the postfix or equivalent user, to "mv" the
> directories or files daily. I mention this method based on your scale
> of use.

But I want to keep the renamed ".1504 . . " files in the same cur dirs
until that cron job happens - the question is how to rename the file
using a button or something?

> Else you can use "sieve" to do this for you, in it's syntax. Installed
> along with Postfix is great. Usually per-user configured, with an
> awesome "manage sieve" Roundcube plugin. You can manually install
> configs for every user on the file system; also may place in /etc/skel
> or other new user creation script, so all new users get your choice of
> rules, depending on your mail storage configs.

Don't use Postfix on this server . .

> With limited details, it appears your request is outside the Roundcube
> scope, but easily solved with other means.

Yes, someone else suggested a plugin which I can't find but maybe
writing my own plugin is an option?

Thanks,

Phil.

> Good luck.
>
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2018, 10:22 AM Philip Rhoades <[hidden email]
> wrote:
>
>> People,
>>
>> I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process
>> deleted
>> files once a day while they are still in their original dirs - but I
>>
>> don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of one-click
>>
>> mechanism I can use to rename a file from something like:
>>
>> 15430. . .
>>
>> to:
>>
>> .15430. . .
>>
>> ? or something that won't display in the RCM client?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Phil.
>> --
>> Philip Rhoades
>>
>> PO Box 896
>> Cowra  NSW  2794
>> Australia
>> E-mail:  [hidden email]

Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

Philip Rhoades-2
Benny,

On 2018-11-25 13:29, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> Philip Rhoades skrev den 2018-11-24 18:21:
>
>> I have 1,566 Maildir folders and I would like to script process
>> deleted files once a day while they are still in their original dirs -
>> but I don't want them listed - is there a plugin or some sort of
>> one-click mechanism I can use to rename a file from something like:
>
> try the archive plugin

Can't find that here:

   https://plugins.roundcube.net/explore

> after all you should not script something

Maybe I could produce my own plugin to do what I want?

Philip Rhoades skrev den 2018-11-25 11:12:

> Can't find that here:
>
>   https://plugins.roundcube.net/explore

that page is unofficial plugins, update to 1.3.7 and its default in
plugins, if you need something diffrent then that fork github version
and make a pull request with you own veersion if you do