Lost Contacts Entries

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Lost Contacts Entries

Mark Constable
Hi, I'm using 1.3.9 and recently switched my backend mailserver from an old server to a new server BUT the $config['default_host'] = 'ssl://mymail.server' setting remained exactly the same, only the IP for mymail.server was changed. I'd been caught out a few years ago when I changed default_host to a different IP and learnt the hard way and that doubled up with new user entries with the new IP and I think I sorted that out. This time the default_host setting is exactly the same. I did find a post that mentioned to run the bin/indexcontacts.sh script, which I did, and now the Contact labels and groups seem to be there but the actual contact content (name, email address etc) is missing. That contact content info looks like it's still in the database (obviously, I did not change or reinstall roundcube itself) but something to do with the id indexes for the contact content is not matching up with the  addressbook entries.

Any hint how I fix this or or patch it up manually if I have to?

(I posted this in the forum before I found this mailing-list)

--
Mark Constable
0419 530 037
https://spiderweb.com.au
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lost Contacts Entries

Ulli Heist-2
Hi Mark,

the contacs are connected to the users via
table users column user_id
table contacts column user_id

If you try to change the user_id within the contacts table - you also have
to change the user_id (table contactgroups)

Best regards

  Ulli

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Mark Constable
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:04 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [RCU] Lost Contacts Entries

Hi, I'm using 1.3.9 and recently switched my backend mailserver from an old
server to a new server BUT the $config['default_host'] =
'ssl://mymail.server' setting remained exactly the same, only the IP for
mymail.server was changed. I'd been caught out a few years ago when I
changed default_host to a different IP and learnt the hard way and that
doubled up with new user entries with the new IP and I think I sorted that
out. This time the default_host setting is exactly the same. I did find a
post that mentioned to run the bin/indexcontacts.sh script, which I did, and
now the Contact labels and groups seem to be there but the actual contact
content (name, email address etc) is missing. That contact content info
looks like it's still in the database (obviously, I did not change or
reinstall roundcube itself) but something to do with the id indexes for the
contact content is not matching up with the  addressbook entries.

Any hint how I fix this or or patch it up manually if I have to?

(I posted this in the forum before I found this mailing-list)

--
Mark Constable
0419 530 037
https://spiderweb.com.au
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lost Contacts Entries

Remo Mattei
I remember this I had to remap the use to that table.

> Il giorno 1 ago 2019, alle ore 12:09, Ulli Heist <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> the contacs are connected to the users via
> table users column user_id
> table contacts column user_id
>
> If you try to change the user_id within the contacts table - you also have
> to change the user_id (table contactgroups)
>
> Best regards
>
>  Ulli
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Mark Constable
> Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:04 AM
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [RCU] Lost Contacts Entries
>
> Hi, I'm using 1.3.9 and recently switched my backend mailserver from an old
> server to a new server BUT the $config['default_host'] =
> 'ssl://mymail.server' setting remained exactly the same, only the IP for
> mymail.server was changed. I'd been caught out a few years ago when I
> changed default_host to a different IP and learnt the hard way and that
> doubled up with new user entries with the new IP and I think I sorted that
> out. This time the default_host setting is exactly the same. I did find a
> post that mentioned to run the bin/indexcontacts.sh script, which I did, and
> now the Contact labels and groups seem to be there but the actual contact
> content (name, email address etc) is missing. That contact content info
> looks like it's still in the database (obviously, I did not change or
> reinstall roundcube itself) but something to do with the id indexes for the
> contact content is not matching up with the  addressbook entries.
>
> Any hint how I fix this or or patch it up manually if I have to?
>
> (I posted this in the forum before I found this mailing-list)
>
> --
> Mark Constable
> 0419 530 037
> https://spiderweb.com.au
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lost Contacts Entries

Mark Constable
In reply to this post by Ulli Heist-2
On 2/8/19 5:00 am, Ulli Heist wrote:
> the contacs are connected to the users via
> table users column user_id
> table contacts column user_id

I finally got to a weekend to investigate this. There are 6000+ contacts,
100+ contactgroups, 2000+ contactgroupmembers and some unknown number of
users actually using contacts. If the contacts entries are not visible
within the contactgroups and contactgroupmembers (in the web interface
itself) how do I determine which user_id column in the contacts table is meant to be matched to the user_id column in the users table?

How do I determine what to change the user_id field in the contacts table
to when I don't know which user that particular contact belongs to now
that the contact entries are all messed up?

I suspect I will have to truncate the contact* tables and tell my already
angry users to start all over again but I am concerned that the Roundcube
Contacts plugin is so fragile that this may happen again with a another
update... like to 1.4 with the much anticipated Elastic theme.

Has anyone got any suggestion how to future proof Roundcube? Should I
perhaps look at Roundcube provided by Kolab?

My testing with Rainloop and it's contact and calendar plugins remotely
connecting to with Nextcloud (mainly for backup) seemed to work well but
Rainloops future development seems to be in doubt.

--
Mark Constable
0419 530 037
https://spiderweb.com.au
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lost Contacts Entries

A.L.E.C
On 8/4/19 5:01 AM, Mark Constable wrote:
> I finally got to a weekend to investigate this. There are 6000+ contacts,
> 100+ contactgroups, 2000+ contactgroupmembers and some unknown number of
> users actually using contacts. If the contacts entries are not visible
> within the contactgroups and contactgroupmembers (in the web interface
> itself) how do I determine which user_id column in the contacts table is meant to be
> matched to the user_id column in the users table?

Sounds like it might be this issue https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/6744

I guess we have to release 1.3.10 soon.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]
Roundcube Webmail Developer   [http://roundcube.net]
----------------------------------------------------
PGP: 19359DC1 # Blog: https://kolabian.wordpress.com
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lost Contacts Entries

Mark Constable
On 4/8/19 2:42 pm, A.L.E.C wrote:
> Sounds like it might be this issue
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/6744

I have already patched the \r\n instead of \R line in rcube_vcard.php
and that got rid of the regex errors but that did not help restoring
the actual contacts entries. Maybe I have messed around with my
production setup desperately trying to get the contacts back for users
that were complaining.

If I have to write off all contacts and start from scratch I'd rather
risk installing rc2 and make sure I have a staging system to test
updates first then push to production. I never bothered doing this for
the current installation through sheer complacency because for the last
few years it had been working fine... although I don't think I updated
it at all. Now I really do want to chase the Elastic theme and decent
contacts and calendar integration with (ideally) Nextcloud so I guess
I will have to be more actively involved and pay more attention to the
github repo.

--
Mark Constable
0419 530 037
https://spiderweb.com.au
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Lost Contacts Entries

Remo Mattei
Dump the emails from that user into a text comma sep and then import them for the other. This is why I ask my customers to keep a downloaded versions of their contact.

> Il giorno 3 ago 2019, alle ore 22:24, Mark Constable <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>
> On 4/8/19 2:42 pm, A.L.E.C wrote:
>> Sounds like it might be this issue
>> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/6744
>
> I have already patched the \r\n instead of \R line in rcube_vcard.php
> and that got rid of the regex errors but that did not help restoring
> the actual contacts entries. Maybe I have messed around with my
> production setup desperately trying to get the contacts back for users
> that were complaining.
>
> If I have to write off all contacts and start from scratch I'd rather
> risk installing rc2 and make sure I have a staging system to test
> updates first then push to production. I never bothered doing this for
> the current installation through sheer complacency because for the last
> few years it had been working fine... although I don't think I updated
> it at all. Now I really do want to chase the Elastic theme and decent
> contacts and calendar integration with (ideally) Nextcloud so I guess
> I will have to be more actively involved and pay more attention to the
> github repo.
>
> --
> Mark Constable
> 0419 530 037
> https://spiderweb.com.au
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users