Menu buttons grayed out

Peter Guthrie

Hi,

I just installed v0.1-rc1 on Solaris 10 and after falling into a few of
the common pitfalls (all solved by searching the archives) I've hit a
brick wall.

Initially I setup roundcube on a non-secure http port and had everything
working perfectly. I then moved it to https and although I can login,
see my email messages and read them I can't do much else as all the
buttons above the message list are grayed out and inactive. Any ideas?

There is a certificate error with my https site which I'm still trying
to track down, could that be related? Seems unlikely as I would have
thought that it would have blocked all access if it was a serious problem.

I get the same result with both Firefox 2.0.0.7 and IE7.

Peter

Re: Menu buttons grayed out

chasd
> There is a certificate error with my https site which I'm still trying
> to track down, could that be related? Seems unlikely as I would have
> thought that it would have blocked all access if it was a serious
> problem.

We use a self-signed cert that throws an error in most browsers, no
issues once the cert is accepted.

Do you allow both http:// and https://  ?
My apache virtual host directive for our RoundCube install only
listens on port 443.

Charles Dostale
http://www.silveroaks.com/
824 17th Street, Moline  IL  61265

Re: Menu buttons grayed out

Peter Guthrie
chasd wrote:

>> There is a certificate error with my https site which I'm still trying
>> to track down, could that be related? Seems unlikely as I would have
>> thought that it would have blocked all access if it was a serious
>> problem.
>>

> We use a self-signed cert that throws an error in most browsers, no
> issues once the cert is accepted.
>
> Do you allow both http:// and https://  ?
> My apache virtual host directive for our RoundCube install only
> listens on port 443.

Charles,

Only https is configured and allowed, also on port 443.

Peter

Re: Menu buttons grayed out

Irrlicht
Peter,

What webserver are you using? Apache only?

What does that certificate error say?
Is it just about a self-signed certificate?
That should be okay, but even if not it
wouldn't affect RCU, I think.

Daniel

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:37:11 +0100, Peter Guthrie <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed v0.1-rc1 on Solaris 10 and after falling into a few of
> the common pitfalls (all solved by searching the archives) I've hit a
> brick wall.
>
> Initially I setup roundcube on a non-secure http port and had everything
> working perfectly. I then moved it to https and although I can login,
> see my email messages and read them I can't do much else as all the
> buttons above the message list are grayed out and inactive. Any ideas?
>
> There is a certificate error with my https site which I'm still trying
> to track down, could that be related? Seems unlikely as I would have
> thought that it would have blocked all access if it was a serious
problem.

> I get the same result with both Firefox 2.0.0.7 and IE7.
>
> Peter

Re: Menu buttons grayed out

chasd
> Charles,
>
> Only https is configured and allowed, also on port 443.

I'm stumped now.
I would try backing up the database and then re-initializing it to
see if that fixed it. If it didn't, you could load your backup.