Migrating mailserver roundcubemail going from v 1.0.3 to 1.1.12

Migrating mailserver roundcubemail going from v 1.0.3 to 1.1.12

Robert Moskowitz
The question is has the mysql database definitions changed between these
versions?

Can I simply copy the mysql database file from the old server to the new
server?

Any thing I should watch out for if I do this for migration?

thanks

Re: Migrating mailserver roundcubemail going from v 1.0.3 to 1.1.12

Vincent Van Houtte

On 2019-02-10 04:34, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

The question is has the mysql database definitions changed between these versions?

Can I simply copy the mysql database file from the old server to the new server?

Any thing I should watch out for if I do this for migration?

I would suggest to follow the upgrade manual posted on the wiki: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade

I believe the database schema has changed, but the installer (if you have enabled it) should pick this up and run the update database script. If not, you could just try to run the script manually - the script is located in the ./bin directory IIRC (you did dump your database, right?)

Why are you not upgrading to the 1.3 branch? I just installed 1.4b (admittedly on a very low traffic server) and it runs wonderfully.

HTH,
Vincent

--
Vincent Van Houtte

On 2019-02-10 04:34, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

The question is has the mysql database definitions changed between these versions?

Can I simply copy the mysql database file from the old server to the new server?

Any thing I should watch out for if I do this for migration?

I would suggest to follow the upgrade manual posted on the wiki: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade

I believe the database schema has changed, but the installer (if you have enabled it) should pick this up and run the update database script. If not, you could just try to run the script manually - the script is located in the ./bin directory IIRC (you did dump your database, right?)

Why are you not upgrading to the 1.3 branch? I just installed 1.4b (admittedly on a very low traffic server) and it runs wonderfully.

The more I think about this, the more I am headed for a new database.  There is a timing issue that I have to deal with for the quota tables as well.

Anyway, WRT 1.3 ver 1.1.12, for my 3 regular roundcube users that have been using 1.0.3, their going to 1.1.12 should be OK.  All my other users us PC IMAP clients (most Thuderbird) and only use RC for password changes.

thanks