Out of office reply

Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa

Hi there, I am trying to install an out of office reply but do not get the option „Filters“ when clicking on Settings, there is simply no such option. What to do?

Thank you for your help!

Karen

Re: Out of office reply

Paul Tansom
** Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa <[hidden email]> [2017-06-11 15:21]:
> Hi there, I am trying to install an out of office reply but do not get the
> option "Filters" when clicking on Settings, there is simply no such option.
> What to do?
** end quote [Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa]

I seem to remember having this problem myself, but can't find my notes
unfortunately. From memory I think it was a change in the configuration files
that I missed. Do you have the following line in the config.inc.php file in the
config directory:

$config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');

the default is a commented out line:

#$config['plugins'] = array();

Basically enabling the managesieve plugin that is now available in the default
install iirc.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/

Re: Out of office reply

Julian Kippels
Am Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:08:20 +0100
schrieb Paul Tansom <[hidden email]>:

> ** Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa <[hidden email]>
> [2017-06-11 15:21]:
> > Hi there, I am trying to install an out of office reply but do not
> > get the option "Filters" when clicking on Settings, there is simply
> > no such option. What to do?
> ** end quote [Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa]
>
> I seem to remember having this problem myself, but can't find my notes
> unfortunately. From memory I think it was a change in the
> configuration files that I missed. Do you have the following line in
> the config.inc.php file in the config directory:
>
> $config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');
>
> the default is a commented out line:
>
> #$config['plugins'] = array();
>
> Basically enabling the managesieve plugin that is now available in
> the default install iirc.

There is one more thing missing. You also have to set
$config['managesieve_vacation'] = 1;
in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/managesieve_config.inc.php

There are some more vacation-related settings you might want to have a
look at.

Julian

Re: Out of office reply

Paul Tansom
** Julian Kippels <[hidden email]> [2017-06-12 12:33]:

> Am Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:08:20 +0100
> schrieb Paul Tansom <[hidden email]>:
>
> > ** Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa <[hidden email]>
> > [2017-06-11 15:21]:
> > > Hi there, I am trying to install an out of office reply but do not
> > > get the option "Filters" when clicking on Settings, there is simply
> > > no such option. What to do?
> > ** end quote [Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa]
> >
> > I seem to remember having this problem myself, but can't find my notes
> > unfortunately. From memory I think it was a change in the
> > configuration files that I missed. Do you have the following line in
> > the config.inc.php file in the config directory:
> >
> > $config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');
> >
> > the default is a commented out line:
> >
> > #$config['plugins'] = array();
> >
> > Basically enabling the managesieve plugin that is now available in
> > the default install iirc.
>
> There is one more thing missing. You also have to set
> $config['managesieve_vacation'] = 1;
> in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/managesieve_config.inc.php
>
> There are some more vacation-related settings you might want to have a
> look at.
** end quote [Julian Kippels]

Interesting I don't have that file. None of my Roundcube stuff is outside my
web root as I've downloaded and extracted into the web directory for my
webmail, but there isn't one of the same name. I have had a look around and
found the line in the config.inc.php.dist file in the plugins/managesieve/
directory though.

None of the documentation I found referred to this when I set things up - in
fact iirc it was only by chance I found that managesieve was already included
as much of what I found referred to downloading it as a separate plugin -
clearly out of date. Mine is working, although it is created using a standard
filter rather than showing up as a separate vacation message option in the
settings.

Having explored this, the vacation setup looks much better now. Any idea when
it was added? I think I first set mine up about 6 months ago.

--
 Paul Tansom  |  Aptanet Ltd.  |  https://www.aptanet.com/  |  023 9238 0001
 Vice Chair, FSB Portsmouth & SE Hampshire Branch  |  http://www.fsb.org.uk/

Re: Out of office reply

Julian Kippels
Am Mon, 12 Jun 2017 17:04:04 +0100
schrieb Paul Tansom <[hidden email]>:

> ** Julian Kippels <[hidden email]> [2017-06-12 12:33]:
> > Am Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:08:20 +0100
> > schrieb Paul Tansom <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > > ** Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa
> > > <[hidden email]> [2017-06-11 15:21]:
> > > ** end quote [Karen Ariane Schweg Salwa]
> > >
> > > I seem to remember having this problem myself, but can't find my
> > > notes unfortunately. From memory I think it was a change in the
> > > configuration files that I missed. Do you have the following line
> > > in the config.inc.php file in the config directory:
> > >
> > > $config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');
> > >
> > > the default is a commented out line:
> > >
> > > #$config['plugins'] = array();
> > >
> > > Basically enabling the managesieve plugin that is now available in
> > > the default install iirc.
> >
> > There is one more thing missing. You also have to set
> > $config['managesieve_vacation'] = 1;
> > in /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/managesieve_config.inc.php
> >
> > There are some more vacation-related settings you might want to
> > have a look at.
> ** end quote [Julian Kippels]
>
> Interesting I don't have that file. None of my Roundcube stuff is
> outside my web root as I've downloaded and extracted into the web
> directory for my webmail, but there isn't one of the same name. I
> have had a look around and found the line in the config.inc.php.dist
> file in the plugins/managesieve/ directory though.

I use the package from the EPEL7 repository for RedHat Enterprise
Linux. That might explain the different structure. I don't know when
this was added, I only found it because I was reading through the
configuration file, I wasn't following any documentation…