PHP 7.2 support

Philip Iezzi-3
Hi there,

How does PHP 7.2 support come along? Can Roundcube 1.3.3 already be used in production on PHP 7.2.
So far, on my PHP 7.2.0 test instances, I didn't find a single glitch.

Cheers, Philip

Re: PHP 7.2 support

A.L.E.C
On 12/07/2017 12:07 AM, Philip Iezzi wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How does PHP 7.2 support come along? Can Roundcube 1.3.3 already be used in production on PHP 7.2.
> So far, on my PHP 7.2.0 test instances, I didn't find a single glitch.

There were some more fixes for php warnings, waiting now for 1.3.4 and I
expect some more fixes needed, but there are no known critical issues.

I'm developing Roundcube using 7.2 since first release candidate, but
have no experience from production installations yet.

Re: PHP 7.2 support

Philip Iezzi-3
On 7 Dec 2017, at 01:29, Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> why should any sane code running on 7.1 without warnings have a problem with 7.2

What a great answer! Because http://php.net/manual/en/migration72.deprecated.php (e.g. each() function deprecation) and http://php.net/manual/en/migration72.incompatible.php (e.g. E_WARNING on count()) - little things that even projects with an almost perfect code base stumble upon. The world is not perfect! Remember my wise words.

Re: PHP 7.2 support

Philip Iezzi-3
On 7 Dec 2017, at 09:39, A.L.E.C <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/07/2017 12:07 AM, Philip Iezzi wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> How does PHP 7.2 support come along? Can Roundcube 1.3.3 already be used in production on PHP 7.2.
>> So far, on my PHP 7.2.0 test instances, I didn't find a single glitch.
>
> There were some more fixes for php warnings, waiting now for 1.3.4 and I
> expect some more fixes needed, but there are no known critical issues.
>
> I'm developing Roundcube using 7.2 since first release candidate, but
> have no experience from production installations yet.

Thanks a lot for that informative answer. Nice you're developing on PHP 7.2 since early RCs! Looking forward for Roundcube 1.3.4 and will switch then rather soon to PHP 7.2 in production as I want to take advantage of built-in Sodium for some custom SSO implementation.

Cheers,
Philip