Problem with Managesieve

Diego
Hello,

I'm having trouble making the Managesieve plugin work.

I had several difficulties to install, I believe because I did not have much experience with Roundcube.

Currently, the "create filter" option appears for my users, they create the filters based on their values, but when the email arrives it is not redirected to the folder in question.

Example: We have a filter created for the following purpose: When you receive an email from [hidden email], move to the Gmail folder.

The email is entering the inbox directly, instead of going to the box named Gmail. (existing box created through the Roundcube interface itself).

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Diego Silva

Re: Problem with Managesieve

B. Reino
On 2019-04-09 03:12, Diego wrote:

> [...]
>
> Currently, the "create filter" option appears for my users, they
> create the filters based on their values, but when the email arrives
> it is not redirected to the folder in question.
>
> Example: We have a filter created for the following purpose: When you
> receive an email from [hidden email], move to the Gmail folder.
>
> The email is entering the inbox directly, instead of going to the box
> named Gmail. (existing box created through the Roundcube interface
> itself).
>
> How can I solve this problem?
>
> [...]

Have you checked whether sieve is actually configured and enabled at the
IMAP server (dovecot?).
Roundcube can only read and write the filters (files), but they won't be
used at all unless the server is configured accordingly.

Good luck.

Re: Problem with Managesieve

Diego
Hello,

I have configured the dovect.conf file, as follows:

 protocols = imap pop3 managesieve
     service auth {
         group = vmail
         mode = 0660
         user = postfix

 protocol managesieve {
       managesieve_logout_format = bytes ( in=%i : out=%o )
     }

     plugin {
        # Used by both the Sieve plugin and the ManageSieve protocol
        sieve=~/currently-active-script.sieve
        sieve_dir=~/sieve
     }

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Diego Da Silva wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have configured the dovect.conf file, as follows:
>
> protocols = imap pop3 managesieve

You're missing the sieve protocol here. My (working) dovecot.conf has:
protocols = imap lmtp sieve

Check here:
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Configuration

it says that "The only thing you need to do to activate the ManageSieve
protocol support in Dovecot is to add sieve to the protocols=
configuration line in your dovecot.conf", so you may have read the wrong
manual..

>     plugin {
>        # Used by both the Sieve plugin and the ManageSieve protocol
>        sieve=~/currently-active-script.sieve
>        sieve_dir=~/sieve
>     }

I assume (for now) that the above is OK.
I'd first check if adding "sieve" to the protocols list solves your
problem. If not, you, me and/or other people might need to have a deeper
look.

Good luck!