Problems with Installer for ver 1.1.12-2 on CentOS 7

Problems with Installer for ver 1.1.12-2 on CentOS 7

Robert Moskowitz
I am on page 3 of the Installer, testing out the STMP config (IMAP config works).  I get the error:

SMTP send:  NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: Unable to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP

I am looking in my config.inc.php and I see:

$config['smtp_server'] = 'http://klovia.htt-consult.com';

and I did:

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect on

I also tried:

setsebool -P httpd_can_sendmail on

Still no SMTP send.

Please point me to where to look for this.

==================================

As a side, small issue, the spell checker pull down only offered: pspell, atd, or google.  enchant was not in the list, but I see in the config.inc.php:

// Set the spell checking engine. Possible values:
// - 'googie'  - the default (also used for connecting to Nox Spell Server, see 'spellcheck_uri' setting)
// - 'pspell'  - requires the PHP Pspell module and aspell installed
// - 'enchant' - requires the PHP Enchant module
// - 'atd'     - install your own After the Deadline server or check with the people at http://www.afterthedeadline.com before using their API
// Since Google shut down their public spell checking service, the default settings
// connect to http://spell.roundcube.net which is a hosted service provided by Roundcube.
// You can connect to any other googie-compliant service by setting 'spellcheck_uri' accordingly.
$config['spellcheck_engine'] = 'pspell';

Is enchant an option, but just not offered in the installer?  I do have it installed on my system

thanks

Re: Problems with Installer for ver 1.1.12-2 on CentOS 7

Robert Moskowitz

On 2/5/19 9:15 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 05.02.19 um 23:15 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> I am on page 3 of the Installer, testing out the STMP config (IMAP
>> config works).  I get the error:
>>
>> SMTP send:  NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: Unable
>> to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when
>> you configured PHP
>>
>> I am looking in my config.inc.php and I see:
>>
>> $config['smtp_server'] = 'http://klovia.htt-consult.com';
> WTF - a SMTP server hardly begins with http://

Good point.  I did not provide that to the installer.  I only provided
the fqdn.  The installer added the http://

I will remove that and try again.

Well, now that I think about it.  I may have done a cut and paste and
picked up the http:// and just did not pay enough attention. This is
more likely than the installer being wrong.  Cutting and pasting is a
good way to get things wrong...

thanks for pointing out the obvious, Harald!  As you may know, I often
need a good jab with the obvious stick!

Re: Problems with Installer for ver 1.1.12-2 on CentOS 7

Robert Moskowitz

> On 2/5/19 9:15 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> Am 05.02.19 um 23:15 schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>>> I am on page 3 of the Installer, testing out the STMP config (IMAP
>>> config works).  I get the error:
>>>
>>> SMTP send:  NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: Unable
>>> to find the socket transport "http" - did you forget to enable it when
>>> you configured PHP
>>>
>>> I am looking in my config.inc.php and I see:
>>>
>>> $config['smtp_server'] = 'http://klovia.htt-consult.com';
>> WTF - a SMTP server hardly begins with http://
>>
> Good point.  I did not provide that to the installer.  I only provided
> the fqdn.  The installer added the http://
>
> I will remove that and try again.
>
> Well, now that I think about it.  I may have done a cut and paste and
> picked up the http:// and just did not pay enough attention. This is
> more likely than the installer being wrong.  Cutting and pasting is a
> good way to get things wrong...
>
> thanks for pointing out the obvious, Harald!  As you may know, I often
> need a good jab with the obvious stick!

Simple edit and fixed.  thanks.

Now about which spell checker....