Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Bugzilla from aseques@gmail.com
After some more testing, I installed the last revision (666) to see if
the problem was still there. And yes, it's there ...
Whenever I download multiple attachments, roundcube stops responding
for a while after the first file is downloaded.
Same thing hapens when I cancell the download.
So It's a usual error, every time I receive a mail with attachments,
is the team aware of it? At this time this is the most annoying of the
bugs of roundcube (personal opinion, of course).
Cheers


2007/8/8, Joan <[hidden email]>:
> I already posted that to the forums, but didn't get any answer
> Whenever I cancel the download of an attachment (i.e. any .zip about
> 4Mb or larger), roundcube remains unresponsive for a while.
> It seems that is downloading it in background and until it finishes
> you have to wait, so for the 4Mb file I was testing i have to wait for
> about 30 seconds before I can continue working.
> Is it solved in the SVN?
>
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
tfk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

tfk
Hey Joan,

On 8/9/07, Joan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After some more testing, I installed the last revision (666) to see if
> the problem was still there. And yes, it's there ...
> Whenever I download multiple attachments, roundcube stops responding
> for a while after the first file is downloaded.
> Same thing hapens when I cancell the download.
> So It's a usual error, every time I receive a mail with attachments,
> is the team aware of it? At this time this is the most annoying of the
> bugs of roundcube (personal opinion, of course).
> Cheers

What's the browser you are using? And what's your OS?

Thanks,
Till
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Rich at Whidbey Telecom
In reply to this post by Bugzilla from aseques@gmail.com
I can confirm this too.  Sent myself a 9 MB zip, began the download of
the attachment, and interface elements were unresponsive for several
minutes.

Feels like another set_busy not resetting.

Rich

Joan wrote:

> After some more testing, I installed the last revision (666) to see if
> the problem was still there. And yes, it's there ...
> Whenever I download multiple attachments, roundcube stops responding
> for a while after the first file is downloaded.
> Same thing hapens when I cancell the download.
> So It's a usual error, every time I receive a mail with attachments,
> is the team aware of it? At this time this is the most annoying of the
> bugs of roundcube (personal opinion, of course).
> Cheers
>
>
> 2007/8/8, Joan <[hidden email]>:
>> I already posted that to the forums, but didn't get any answer
>> Whenever I cancel the download of an attachment (i.e. any .zip about
>> 4Mb or larger), roundcube remains unresponsive for a while.
>> It seems that is downloading it in background and until it finishes
>> you have to wait, so for the 4Mb file I was testing i have to wait for
>> about 30 seconds before I can continue working.
>> Is it solved in the SVN?
>>
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/

--

Rich Sandberg
[hidden email]
Whidbey Telecom Network Operations
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Jeff McClure-2
I can confirm as well. It doesn't always happen, but it also doesn't
require canceling the download to break it. This is with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on
Windows XP Pro SP2. RoundCube version is 0.1-rc1 running on Apache 2.2.3
and PHP 4.4.4-8+etch4 under Debian stable.

A possible clue: sometimes when I click on a download, a second tab
(window) that is obviously being generated by RoundCube pops up. When that
happens, I don't see the UI freeze. However, sometimes when I download, I
don't get that second window. In those cases it's more likely that the UI
will freeze up.

--Jeff

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:44:30 -0700, Rich at Whidbey Telecom
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can confirm this too.  Sent myself a 9 MB zip, began the download of
> the attachment, and interface elements were unresponsive for several
> minutes.
>
> Feels like another set_busy not resetting.
>
> Rich
>
> Joan wrote:
>> After some more testing, I installed the last revision (666) to see if
>> the problem was still there. And yes, it's there ...
>> Whenever I download multiple attachments, roundcube stops responding
>> for a while after the first file is downloaded.
>> Same thing hapens when I cancell the download.
>> So It's a usual error, every time I receive a mail with attachments,
>> is the team aware of it? At this time this is the most annoying of the
>> bugs of roundcube (personal opinion, of course).
>> Cheers
>>
>>
>> 2007/8/8, Joan <[hidden email]>:
>>> I already posted that to the forums, but didn't get any answer
>>> Whenever I cancel the download of an attachment (i.e. any .zip about
>>> 4Mb or larger), roundcube remains unresponsive for a while.
>>> It seems that is downloading it in background and until it finishes
>>> you have to wait, so for the 4Mb file I was testing i have to wait for
>>> about 30 seconds before I can continue working.
>>> Is it solved in the SVN?
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
>
> --
>
> Rich Sandberg
> [hidden email]
> Whidbey Telecom Network Operations
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
--
"It appears that the ground of being which underlies
and sustains us despite our various inadequate and
conflicting stories must be extremely tolerant, generous,
and forgiving. All things considered, it wouldn't hurt
if we were, too."

--Alexei Panshin
from http://www.panshin.com/essays/stories.htm

_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Rich at Whidbey Telecom
In reply to this post by Bugzilla from aseques@gmail.com
It looks like a patch was submitted for this by someone on July 31st.
I'll see if I can apply it when I do some additional bug fixes today.

Rich

Jeff McClure wrote:
 > I can confirm as well. It doesn't always happen, but it also doesn't
 > require canceling the download to break it. This is with Firefox
2.0.0.6 on
 > Windows XP Pro SP2. RoundCube version is 0.1-rc1 running on Apache 2.2.3
 > and PHP 4.4.4-8+etch4 under Debian stable.
 >
 > A possible clue: sometimes when I click on a download, a second tab
 > (window) that is obviously being generated by RoundCube pops up. When
that
 > happens, I don't see the UI freeze. However, sometimes when I download, I
 > don't get that second window. In those cases it's more likely that the UI
 > will freeze up.
 >
 > --Jeff
 >
 > On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:44:30 -0700, Rich at Whidbey Telecom
 > <[hidden email]> wrote:
 >> I can confirm this too.  Sent myself a 9 MB zip, began the download of
 >> the attachment, and interface elements were unresponsive for several
 >> minutes.
 >>
 >> Feels like another set_busy not resetting.
 >>
 >> Rich
 >>
 >> Joan wrote:
 >>> After some more testing, I installed the last revision (666) to see if
 >>> the problem was still there. And yes, it's there ...
 >>> Whenever I download multiple attachments, roundcube stops responding
 >>> for a while after the first file is downloaded.
 >>> Same thing hapens when I cancell the download.
 >>> So It's a usual error, every time I receive a mail with attachments,
 >>> is the team aware of it? At this time this is the most annoying of the
 >>> bugs of roundcube (personal opinion, of course).
 >>> Cheers
 >>>
 >>>
 >>> 2007/8/8, Joan <[hidden email]>:
 >>>> I already posted that to the forums, but didn't get any answer
 >>>> Whenever I cancel the download of an attachment (i.e. any .zip about
 >>>> 4Mb or larger), roundcube remains unresponsive for a while.
 >>>> It seems that is downloading it in background and until it finishes
 >>>> you have to wait, so for the 4Mb file I was testing i have to wait for
 >>>> about 30 seconds before I can continue working.
 >>>> Is it solved in the SVN?
 >>>>
 >>> _______________________________________________
 >>> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
 >> --
 >>
 >> Rich Sandberg
 >> [hidden email]
 >> Whidbey Telecom Network Operations
 >> _______________________________________________
 >> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/

--

Rich Sandberg
[hidden email]
Whidbey Telecom Network Operations

_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
tfk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

tfk
On 8/9/07, Rich at Whidbey Telecom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It looks like a patch was submitted for this by someone on July 31st.
> I'll see if I can apply it when I do some additional bug fixes today.

Exactly which patches are you referring to? Would you have a link to
the trac tickets?

Thanks,
Till
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Rich at Whidbey Telecom
till wrote:
> On 8/9/07, Rich at Whidbey Telecom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It looks like a patch was submitted for this by someone on July 31st.
>> I'll see if I can apply it when I do some additional bug fixes today.
>
> Exactly which patches are you referring to? Would you have a link to
> the trac tickets?
>
> Thanks,
> Till

Hi Till,

It was Ticket #1484496.  I haven't contributed in some time due to other
projects, but I committed 667 just now with some fixes.

Joan, Jeff, can you also check to ensure this fixes the issue for you guys?

Thanks!

Rich
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Jeff McClure-2
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 15:06:41 -0700, Rich at Whidbey Telecom
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It was Ticket #1484496.  I haven't contributed in some time due to other
> projects, but I committed 667 just now with some fixes.
>
> Joan, Jeff, can you also check to ensure this fixes the issue for you
> guys?

It looks like 667 took care of what I was seeing. Thanks!

--Jeff

_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
tfk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

tfk
In reply to this post by Rich at Whidbey Telecom
On 8/10/07, Rich at Whidbey Telecom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> till wrote:
> > On 8/9/07, Rich at Whidbey Telecom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> It looks like a patch was submitted for this by someone on July 31st.
> >> I'll see if I can apply it when I do some additional bug fixes today.
> >
> > Exactly which patches are you referring to? Would you have a link to
> > the trac tickets?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Till
>
> Hi Till,
>
> It was Ticket #1484496.  I haven't contributed in some time due to other
> projects, but I committed 667 just now with some fixes.

Ok, first off - thanks for helping! Really, really appreciated.

Also, can you let me know where I can find the patch - #1484496
doesn't show one?
I'd like to apply that to devel-vnext as well.

Thanks,
Till
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

Bugzilla from aseques@gmail.com
Hey, good morning,

Seems that due to timezone (+0200), I came a bit late to answer the
thread and you already solved it :)
Thank you very much, I just have been doing some testing and it's
working like a charm now.
I'll backport (or try to) to rc1 or maybe I might upgrade to SVN wich
from yesterday installation seems to be pretty stable.

By the way, what are you guys using in your production servers (I hope
I'm not the only one using roundcube in large scale :P) rc1 or the
svn?

Thank you for the fast solution !


2007/8/10, till <[hidden email]>:

> On 8/10/07, Rich at Whidbey Telecom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > till wrote:
> > > On 8/9/07, Rich at Whidbey Telecom <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >> It looks like a patch was submitted for this by someone on July 31st.
> > >> I'll see if I can apply it when I do some additional bug fixes today.
> > >
> > > Exactly which patches are you referring to? Would you have a link to
> > > the trac tickets?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Till
> >
> > Hi Till,
> >
> > It was Ticket #1484496.  I haven't contributed in some time due to other
> > projects, but I committed 667 just now with some fixes.
>
> Ok, first off - thanks for helping! Really, really appreciated.
>
> Also, can you let me know where I can find the patch - #1484496
> doesn't show one?
> I'd like to apply that to devel-vnext as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Till
> _______________________________________________
> List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
>
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/
tfk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Re: Problem when cancelling download of attachment RC1

tfk
On 8/10/07, Joan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey, good morning,
>
> Seems that due to timezone (+0200), I came a bit late to answer the
> thread and you already solved it :)
> Thank you very much, I just have been doing some testing and it's
> working like a charm now.
> I'll backport (or try to) to rc1 or maybe I might upgrade to SVN wich
> from yesterday installation seems to be pretty stable.

Glad to hear that! :)

Well, if anyone could tell me where that patch is to be found - I want
to commit that on devel-vnext as well.

> By the way, what are you guys using in your production servers (I hope
> I'm not the only one using roundcube in large scale :P) rc1 or the
> svn?

I run SVN (devel-vnext) mostly, also have a rc1 install (to test
against) and still an over a year old install of Roundcube as well.

Till
_______________________________________________
List info: http://lists.roundcube.net/dev/