Re: Roundcube Webmail Update 1.3.1 released

Re: Roundcube Webmail Update 1.3.1 released

Egbert Jan van den Bussche
Thanks for your ongoing effort to make this product even better.

I wonder if I can update directly from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1 or are there road
blocks ahead?

Thanks,
Egbert Jan, NL

Re: Roundcube Webmail Update 1.3.1 released

Thomas Bruederli-2
On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Egbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for your ongoing effort to make this product even better.
>
> I wonder if I can update directly from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1 or are there road
> blocks ahead?

That should be possible without problems.

~Thomas

Op 5-9-2017 om 15:32 schreef Thomas Bruederli:

> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Egbert <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks for your ongoing effort to make this product even better.
>>
>> I wonder if I can update directly from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1 or are there road
>> blocks ahead?
>
> That should be possible without problems.
>
> ~Thomas

Thanks!
Egbert Jan

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:18 PM, micah <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Will these security fixes be available for the 1.2 series?
>
> I want to upgrade to 1.3, but rushing an upgrade to get potential XSS
> issues resolved is not the best.

Yes, an update to the 1.2 series is on the way...

~Thomas

Re: Roundcube Webmail Update 1.3.1 released

Noel Butler

On 05/09/2017 06:12, Egbert wrote:

Thanks for your ongoing effort to make this product even better.

I wonder if I can update directly from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1 or are there road
blocks ahead?

Thanks,
Egbert Jan, NL

I just went 1.2.5 to 1.3.1, only issues were fatal php errors due to  dblog, recipient to contact, and calendar plugins

Call to undefined function get_table_name() /.../dblog/

Call to undefined function Q() /.../recipient_to_contact/

Call to undefined function rcube_autocomplete_init() /.../calendar/

removed the plugins and all went OK, I will look for updated versions of those when I get a chance.

Otherwise, yeah, no other problems.

--

Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only PDF and ODF documents accepted, please do not send proprietary formatted documents

Re: Roundcube Webmail Update 1.3.1 released

Noel Butler

On 05/09/2017 06:12, Egbert wrote:

Thanks for your ongoing effort to make this product even better.

I wonder if I can update directly from 1.2.4 to 1.3.1 or are there road
blocks ahead?

Add vcard_attach to that function Q() failure list now so if you us that, be wary as well.

hrmmm, one more and i'll revert ;)

--

Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only PDF and ODF documents accepted, please do not send proprietary formatted documents

Dynamic host with password plugin

Jorge Bastos

Howdy,

I’m making my multi-server instalation ready, but I’m facing just one small issue, that is with password plugin.

So, in config.inc.php of it I have:

config['password_db_dsn'] = 'mysql://webmail:bdkddddddz@192.168.69.222/postfix';

but, as I’m using in roundcube’s config.inc.php “dynamic” host:

$config['default_host'] = 'mail.%s';

Can I have in the password plugin config.inc.php the same variable?

(I can use same user/password/db on both servers for password change)

Thanks in advanced,

Re: Dynamic host with password plugin

Hello Jorge

Please have a look into the Multi Domain Setup configuration
capabilities for Roundcube:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Configuration:-Multi-Domain-Setup

Although it's not as dynamic as the %h parameter which refers to the
host name chosen in the drop-down menu on the login page but you can
maintain different configurations for virtual hosts all pointing to
the same Roundcube installation.

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Jorge Bastos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Howdy,
>

> I’m making my multi-server instalation ready, but I’m facing just one small
> issue, that is with password plugin.
>

> So, in config.inc.php of it I have:
>

> config['password_db_dsn'] =
> 'mysql://webmail:bdkddddddz@192.168.69.222/postfix';
>

> but, as I’m using in roundcube’s config.inc.php “dynamic” host:
>

> $config['default_host'] = 'mail.%s';
>

> Can I have in the password plugin config.inc.php the same variable?
>
> (I can use same user/password/db on both servers for password change)
>

> Thanks in advanced,

Re: Dynamic host with password plugin

Jorge Bastos
Hi Thomas,

I've filled an issue/feature request in the tracker and Allec as you already said password plugin should support %h, at least.
I've saw the multi-domain but I'd preffer to have it processing the info automatic, don't know about the others but my users are not so cleaver!!

I think I'll wait for the %h to be implemented for the password plugin, to finish my centralized installation!!
Thank you Thomas! :)

> Hello Jorge
>
> Please have a look into the Multi Domain Setup configuration
> capabilities for Roundcube:
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Configuration:-Multi-
> Domain-Setup
>
> Although it's not as dynamic as the %h parameter which refers to the
> host name chosen in the drop-down menu on the login page but you can
> maintain different configurations for virtual hosts all pointing to the
> same Roundcube installation.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas
>

> On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 9:44 PM, Jorge Bastos <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >

> > I’m making my multi-server instalation ready, but I’m facing just one
> > small issue, that is with password plugin.
> >

> > So, in config.inc.php of it I have:
> >

> > config['password_db_dsn'] =
> > 'mysql://webmail:bdkddddddz@192.168.69.222/postfix';
> >

> > but, as I’m using in roundcube’s config.inc.php “dynamic” host:
> >

> > $config['default_host'] = 'mail.%s';
> >

> > Can I have in the password plugin config.inc.php the same variable?
> >
> > (I can use same user/password/db on both servers for password change)
> >

> > Thanks in advanced,

Re: Dynamic host with password plugin

Jorge Bastos
Thomas,

I'm thinking in a possible workarround until this feature appears.

Can you tell me the place where I could write a file on the server with the value of %h, and I'll read it in password plugin's config.inc.php
About the PHP code I can do it, I just need to know the best/correct place in Roundcube to save it.

I'm thinking of saving it with the name "tmpfile" + username + remote_ip + ticks

To make sure there's no colition, but that part I'll handle,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Jorge Bastos <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> I'm thinking in a possible workarround until this feature appears.
>
> Can you tell me the place where I could write a file on the server with the value of %h, and I'll read it in password plugin's config.inc.php
> About the PHP code I can do it, I just need to know the best/correct place in Roundcube to save it.
>
> I'm thinking of saving it with the name "tmpfile" + username + remote_ip + ticks

As you can see in the fix for your feature request ticket [1] that is
already in git master, there's no need to save a file for that. The
information is stored in session and the handy function
`rcube_utils::parse_host()` will do the magic of replacing the %X vars
for you.

Best,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/148ccda88ab79
[2] https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php#L555

Re: Dynamic host with password plugin

Jorge Bastos
Yes!!!

I thank you both!

I have my centralized RC instalation now, wow, so fantastic!!
I'm fanatic with centralization!

Thanks a mile!