Reset password for users who has forgot password

Reset password for users who has forgot password

Jarosław Kłopotek - INTERDUO

Hello roundcube users,
Got one fast question
Is there any plugin that could reset (or remind or send link to change password form) lost password for roundcube mail user?

We don't want to destroy or interupt meditation of ours SysOps :D
I was searching & searching & searching & googling for some option/plugin doing this but I didn't find anything useful.

Jarosław Kłopotek
kom. 607 893 111
Interduo Ł. Bujek, J. Kłopotek, J. Sowa s.c.
ul. Lubelska 36B/40, 21-100 Lubartów

Re: Reset password for users who has forgot password

--
Jarosław Kłopotek
kom. 607 893 111
Interduo Ł. Bujek, J. Kłopotek, J. Sowa s.c.
ul. Lubelska 36B/40, 21-100 Lubartów
tel. 81 475 30 00

Re: Reset password for users who has forgot password

Jarosław Kłopotek - INTERDUO
W dniu 04.09.2018 o 16:23, Reindl Harald pisze:
Am 04.09.18 um 15:41 schrieb Jarosław Kłopotek - INTERDUO:
Hello roundcube users,
Got one fast question
Is there any plugin that could reset (or remind or send link to change
password form) lost password for roundcube mail user?

We don't want to destroy or interupt meditation of ours SysOps :D
I was searching & searching & searching & googling for some
option/plugin doing this but I didn't find anything useful.
how should roundcube do that as it's a mail client?
Looks what everybody others got.
The problem is that when user lost hist password needs to ask his postmaster. When the mail server got many users there are many tickets for doing that and postmaster gets angry.
and even if: are you sure it's a good idea that any random guy which
don't know your mail-passwort reset it and lock you out of your account?
There should not be possibility for doing that - looks how it's organized in gmail/hotmail.
how would you get the new password?
SMS or mail with link to change_password_form to assigned telephone number / email account
display it on the login page?
If You don't saw any things like this please do research again.
in other words: let anybody take over your account
Please don't joke.

Regards & sorry for misclick.

--
Jarosław Kłopotek
kom. 607 893 111
Interduo Ł. Bujek, J. Kłopotek, J. Sowa s.c.
ul. Lubelska 36B/40, 21-100 Lubartów

Re: Reset password for users who has forgot password

Jarosław Kłopotek - INTERDUO

You aren't right.
Look at the iredmail project or Zimbra Suite.

Google also has got reseting password form so why roundcube could not have?

You can change password with password plugin after login. Its just a thing to put that form on specified place and secure it on propper way.
04.09.2018 9:01 PM Reindl Harald <[hidden email]> napisał(a):

roundcube is a *mail client* like Tunderbird, Outlook or AppleMail

not more, not less, it just runs on a webserver which is typically *not*
the same machine as the webserver because nobody right in his mind is
running a public webserver on his mailserver

W dniu 04.09.2018 o 21:56, Reindl Harald pisze:
> Am 04.09.18 um 21:31 schrieb jkl:
>> You aren't right.
>> Look at the iredmail project or Zimbra Suite.
>>
>> Google also has got reseting password form so why roundcube could not have?
> because roundcube acts generic with every type of IMAP/SMTP setup and
> Google is a platform
I need a solution for that specified case. It doesn't matter if it's
strictly from roundcube project or not.
>> You can change password with password plugin after login. Its just a
>> thing to put that form on specified place and secure it on propper way
> different beasts - *how* do you secure it - when you are authenticated
> you already passed autentication and on most setups even change the
> password is not possible because it can't be done via IMAP and direct
> access to to user credentails is not that easy and should now work form
> the webserver at all
We both know that.
> * how do you secure it
> * how do you access the password store
> * how do you send an SMS given that send via email can't work
>    given that you don't have the email credentiuals when you reset it
>
> surely, it's technical possible but for sure not out-of-the-box and very
> different on each and every setup
After exchanging few mails in thread the last sentence give me sentence
that I would like to hear. :)

So If We go back to my first question from first mail:
"Is there any plugin that could reset (or remind or send link to change
password form) lost password for roundcube mail user?"
The answer is NO. So if it's technical possible how to resolve that
problem in simplest way?
That's one of the main feature I can bet that I not the first who has
the same problem.

Regards