Rev 668 change to index.php breaks IE7 AJAX...

Rev 668 change to index.php breaks IE7 AJAX...

Jim Pingle-3

Since r668, IE's AJAX calls have been broken (at least for us). I didn't
notice this until I updated our main RC install the other day, which hadn't
been updated in several weeks. One of our (very few) IE users called
yesterday and said it sat there saying "Checking for new messages..." and
never went back to normal.

In r668, there is now a check in index.php for a roundcube-specific header,
but this check isn't working with IE7. This is, apparently, because IE7 is
forcing the header name to lowercase (verified via tcpflow)

This small patch fixes the issue for me. It adds a check for an
all-lowercase version of the header.

Jim

 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---
  http://detached.gigo.com/mm/E9/VY2XDN+S/index-php-patch.txt
 --- 8< --- detachments --- 8< ---

tfk

Re: Rev 668 change to index.php breaks IE7 AJAX...

tfk
On 8/23/07, Jim Pingle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since r668, IE's AJAX calls have been broken (at least for us). I didn't
> notice this until I updated our main RC install the other day, which hadn't
> been updated in several weeks. One of our (very few) IE users called
> yesterday and said it sat there saying "Checking for new messages..." and
> never went back to normal.
>
> In r668, there is now a check in index.php for a roundcube-specific header,
> but this check isn't working with IE7. This is, apparently, because IE7 is
> forcing the header name to lowercase (verified via tcpflow)
>
> This small patch fixes the issue for me. It adds a check for an
> all-lowercase version of the header.

Good catch, Jim!

I think the RFC also states that headers are treated case-insensitive.

Could you open a ticket?

Very appreciated,
Till

till wrote:

> On 8/23/07, Jim Pingle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Since r668, IE's AJAX calls have been broken (at least for us). I didn't
>> notice this until I updated our main RC install the other day, which hadn't
>> been updated in several weeks. One of our (very few) IE users called
>> yesterday and said it sat there saying "Checking for new messages..." and
>> never went back to normal.
>>
>> In r668, there is now a check in index.php for a roundcube-specific header,
>> but this check isn't working with IE7. This is, apparently, because IE7 is
>> forcing the header name to lowercase (verified via tcpflow)
>>
>> This small patch fixes the issue for me. It adds a check for an
>> all-lowercase version of the header.
>
> Good catch, Jim!
>
> I think the RFC also states that headers are treated case-insensitive.
>
> Could you open a ticket?

I would've opened a ticket earlier but I've been having a very busy week and
it was easier at the time to just fire off an e-mail...

Here's the ticket:
http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1484523
It's got that patch attached to it.

I'm not sure if the RFC states that the headers should be case-sensitive or
not, but the way it is being tested is case-sensitive. I'm not sure why IE
decides to mangle it that way, perhaps it does that with all
javascript-inserted headers to make sure they can't clobber other,
valid/real headers? (I'm no expert on JS by any means, so that's just
speculation...)

I wish I had more time to experiment and find out, but as it is I'm already
way behind...

Jim