Quantcast

RoundCube

12

RoundCube

Nieścierowicz Adam

Hello,

searching a calendar for RC I found a http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/source/browse/trunk/plugins/#plugins%2Fcalendar

Reading license (AGPL) shows that the code can be modified, perhaps there is someone willing to deal with this plugin?

Regards

Re: RoundCube

Steve Perkins

Try:

http://git.kolab.org/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/tree/plugins

Calendar and Tasklist. Kolab or MySQL backends. Both seem pretty good. I use them (in a small way) anyway.

On 12.02.2013 07:34, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:

Hello,

searching a calendar for RC I found a http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/source/browse/trunk/plugins/#plugins%2Fcalendar

Reading license (AGPL) shows that the code can be modified, perhaps there is someone willing to deal with this plugin?

Regards

Re: RoundCube

Nieścierowicz Adam

Agendav can be integrated with roundcube?

We use agendav (http://agendav.org)+davical with our roundcube, no problems so far

W dniu 12.02.2013 00:46, Steve Perkins napisał(a):

Try:

http://git.kolab.org/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/tree/plugins

Calendar and Tasklist. Kolab or MySQL backends. Both seem pretty good. I use them (in a small way) anyway.

On 12.02.2013 07:34, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:

Hello,

searching a calendar for RC I found a http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/source/browse/trunk/plugins/#plugins%2Fcalendar

Reading license (AGPL) shows that the code can be modified, perhaps there is someone willing to deal with this plugin?

Regards

Servicio de correo electrónico
Universidad de Sevilla

Re: RoundCube

Bob Miller-9
The only caldav client I found compatible with roundcube is provided by
the myroundcube folks, but as of about last december it will cost about
20 euros for the caldav/carddav packages.  I have deployed this twice,
once before it became a pay program and once since, and I have good
things to say about it.
--
Computerisms
Bob Miller

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 00:52 +0100, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:

> Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV
>
> W dniu 12.02.2013 00:46, Steve Perkins napisał(a):
>
> > Try:
> >
> > http://git.kolab.org/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/tree/plugins
> >
> > Calendar and Tasklist. Kolab or MySQL backends. Both seem pretty
> > good. I use them (in a small way) anyway.
> >

> > On 12.02.2013 07:34, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:
> >
> >         Hello,
> >
> >         searching a calendar for RC I found
> >         a http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/source/browse/trunk/plugins/#plugins%2Fcalendar
> >
> >         Reading license (AGPL) shows that the code can be modified,
> >         perhaps there is someone willing to deal with this plugin?
> >

> >         Regards

Re: RoundCube

Nieścierowicz Adam

So when looking through google, I found resources on the stand AGPL license client thought that maybe someone is willing to finish on AGPL license.

Personally, I am ready to sponsor a programmer, maybe others willing to help?

W dniu 13.02.2013 23:04, Bob Miller napisał(a):

The only caldav client I found compatible with roundcube is provided by
the myroundcube folks, but as of about last december it will cost about
20 euros for the caldav/carddav packages.  I have deployed this twice,
once before it became a pay program and once since, and I have good
things to say about it.
--
Computerisms
Bob Miller
867-334-7117 / 867-633-3760
http://computerisms.caOn Tue, 2013-02-12 at 00:52 +0100, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:
Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV W dniu 12.02.2013 00:46, Steve Perkins napisał(a):
Try: http://git.kolab.org/roundcubemail-plugins-kolab/tree/plugins Calendar and Tasklist. Kolab or MySQL backends. Both seem pretty good. I use them (in a small way) anyway. On 12.02.2013 07:34, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote: Hello, searching a calendar for RC I found a http://code.google.com/p/myroundcube/source/browse/trunk/plugins/#plugins%2Fcalendar Reading license (AGPL) shows that the code can be modified, perhaps there is someone willing to deal with this plugin? Regards _______________________________________________ Roundcube Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users _______________________________________________ Roundcube Users mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

Re: RoundCube Calendar

Thomas Bruederli-2
Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:
> So when looking through google, I found resources on the stand AGPL license
> client thought that maybe someone is willing to finish on AGPL license.

The calendar module provided by Kolab is under APGL but currently lacks a
CalDAV backend. There are plans to add this but the work for that isn't
scheduled yet.

> Personally, I am ready to sponsor a programmer, maybe others willing to help?

I could connect you with the programmers who announced their intents to add
CalDAV to the Kolab calendar module. Or maybe they're even listening on
this list (therefore cc-ing the dev list).

> W dniu 13.02.2013 23:04, Bob Miller napisał(a):
>
>> The only caldav client I found compatible with roundcube is provided by
>> the myroundcube folks, but as of about last december it will cost about
>> 20 euros for the caldav/carddav packages.  I have deployed this twice,
>> once before it became a pay program and once since, and I have good
>> things to say about it.
>> --
>> Computerisms
>> Bob Miller
>> 867-334-7117 / 867-633-3760
>> http://computerisms.caOn Tue, 2013-02-12 at 00:52 +0100, Nieścierowicz Adam wrote:
>>> Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV W dniu 12.02.2013 00:46,

Re: RoundCube

Nieścierowicz Adam

Javier can you share your code?

W dniu 14.02.2013 08:15, Javier de Miguel Rodríguez napisał(a):

El 13/02/13 22:24, Nieścierowicz Adam escribió:

Agendav can be integrated with roundcube?

Yes, we have integrated agendav+roundcube , university with 4.000+ teachers and 65.000+ students.

Regards

Javier

[...]

Ulf Leichsenring
> Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV

How about ownCloud (http://www.owncloud.org). I've seen a possibility to
include Roudcube in ownCloud using a plugin.

--
Ulf Leichsenring

Re: RoundCube

Torsten Grote-4
On Thursday 14 February 2013 14:04:19 Ulf Leichsenring wrote:
> > Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV
>
> How about ownCloud (http://www.owncloud.org). I've seen a possibility to
> include Roudcube in ownCloud using a plugin.

This is currently just proof-of-concept iframe integration and nowhere near
hooking ownCloud's Calendar and CalDAV backend into Roundcube.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist

Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland

e: [hidden email]
t: +41 43 501 66 91
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Re: RoundCube

Joy-31
Hi,
      I am also looking for agendav integration with roundcube and ready to pay for the same.

Javier is possible let me know the pricing for the same..

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Torsten Grote <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday 14 February 2013 14:04:19 Ulf Leichsenring wrote:
> > Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV
>
> How about ownCloud (http://www.owncloud.org). I've seen a possibility to
> include Roudcube in ownCloud using a plugin.

This is currently just proof-of-concept iframe integration and nowhere near
hooking ownCloud's Calendar and CalDAV backend into Roundcube.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist

Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland

e: [hidden email]
t: +41 43 501 66 91
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Re: RoundCube

Nieścierowicz Adam

So we have two people ready to sponsor, other volunteers?

Someone willing to deal with programming?

W dniu 15.02.2013 04:31, Joy napisał(a):

Hi,

      I am also looking for agendav integration with roundcube and ready to pay for the same.

Javier is possible let me know the pricing for the same..

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Torsten Grote <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday 14 February 2013 14:04:19 Ulf Leichsenring wrote:
> > Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV
>
> How about ownCloud (http://www.owncloud.org). I've seen a possibility to
> include Roudcube in ownCloud using a plugin.

This is currently just proof-of-concept iframe integration and nowhere near
hooking ownCloud's Calendar and CalDAV backend into Roundcube.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist

Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland

e: [hidden email]
t: +41 43 501 66 91
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Re: RoundCube

Ed Wildgoose-2
Just my 2p:

- The most functional and best looking calendar (to my eye) is the kolab calendar. However, it's completely non caldav and adding that would be some work. Spend your money here if you want the best. (Actually also a potentially great todo and contacts app)

- Owncloud is the route I'm going down for the moment. I'm embedding roundcube into an iframe. I need to tweak the plugin so that it automatically logs in using the owncloud credentials

- I have an SQL auth plugin for owncloud so that it auths off the same DB as roundcube

- The main piece I'm missing is sync of the contacts between roundcube and owncloud. I propose to work on making roundcube read the owncloud DB format and then literally the two are the same (use a view of linked table to connect the databases).  I hope to work on this over the next week.

- Owncloud gives you reasonably good DAV sharing for carddav, caldav and also files. The web api needs to mature a little, but seems decent enough. It's based on sabredav, so of course you can also speak to the author of that about any additional DAV features that you want supported

Good luck

Ed W

On 15/02/2013 03:31, Joy wrote:
Hi,
      I am also looking for agendav integration with roundcube and ready to pay for the same.

Javier is possible let me know the pricing for the same..

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Torsten Grote <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday 14 February 2013 14:04:19 Ulf Leichsenring wrote:
> > Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV
>
> How about ownCloud (http://www.owncloud.org). I've seen a possibility to
> include Roudcube in ownCloud using a plugin.

This is currently just proof-of-concept iframe integration and nowhere near
hooking ownCloud's Calendar and CalDAV backend into Roundcube.

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist

Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland

e: [hidden email]
t: +41 43 501 66 91
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Re: RoundCube

Andreas Dick
> - The main piece I'm missing is sync of the contacts between roundcube
> and owncloud. I propose to work on making roundcube read the owncloud DB
> format and then literally the two are the same (use a view of linked
> table to connect the databases).  I hope to work on this over the next week.
I am using SabreDAV in parallel to RC, to serve my mobile phones with my RC
contacts. I wrote my own LDAP backend for SabreDAV to use the same base as
RC... and that was quite easy.

> - Owncloud gives you reasonably good DAV sharing for carddav, caldav and
> also files. The web api needs to mature a little, but seems decent
> enough. It's based on sabredav, so of course you can also speak to the
> author of that about any additional DAV features that you want supported
In my eys, OwnlCloud is a great frontend for calendars, addresses and files,
similar what RC is for emails and addresses, but I would prefer a expanded RC
frontend whit its own backends.... and then some extended backends for e.g.
SabreDAV to access them via DAV from other clients.
The reason is, that e.g. callendar and addressbooks over DAV is probably fast
enough for mobile phones, but verrrry slow compared to e.g. the native
addressbook of RC (SQL or LDAP)

Andreas

> Good luck
>
> Ed W
>
> On 15/02/2013 03:31, Joy wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >       I am also looking for agendav integration with roundcube and
> >
> > ready to pay for the same.
> >
> > Javier is possible let me know the pricing for the same..
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Torsten Grote <[hidden email]
> >
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >     On Thursday 14 February 2013 14:04:19 Ulf Leichsenring wrote:
> >     > > Looking for a calendar with support for CalDAV
> >     >
> >     > How about ownCloud (http://www.owncloud.org). I've seen a
> >
> >     possibility to
> >
> >     > include Roudcube in ownCloud using a plugin.
> >
> >     This is currently just proof-of-concept iframe integration and
> >     nowhere near
> >     hooking ownCloud's Calendar and CalDAV backend into Roundcube.
> >
> >     Regards,
> >     Torsten
> >
> >     --
> >     Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist
> >
> >     Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland
> >
> >     e: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> >     t: +41 43 501 66 91
> >     w: http://kolabsys.com
> >
> >     pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Re: RoundCube

Torsten Grote-4
On Friday 15 February 2013 20:48:08 Ed W wrote:
> - The most functional and best looking calendar (to my eye) is the kolab
> calendar. However, it's completely non caldav and adding that would be
> some work. Spend your money here if you want the best. (Actually also a
> potentially great todo and contacts app)

If somebody wants to support this work, please contact me off-list.

Kind Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist

Kolab Systems AG, Zürich, Switzerland

e: [hidden email]
t: +41 43 501 66 91
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 274D 4F97 Torsten Grote

Re: RoundCube

Charles Marcus
Out of curiosity, have you compared it to SOGo?

I really like SOGo because it includes Samba4 and can function as a total solution (Domain Controller as well as Groupware Server), and will work with the IMAP server of your choice (comes bundled with dovecot, which is the best anyway).

It has native Outlook support (even remote), and supports most every mobile client out there...

On 2013-02-18 5:44 AM, Torsten Grote [hidden email] wrote:
On Friday 15 February 2013 20:48:08 Ed W wrote:
- The most functional and best looking calendar (to my eye) is the kolab
calendar. However, it's completely non caldav and adding that would be
some work. Spend your money here if you want the best. (Actually also a
potentially great todo and contacts app)
If somebody wants to support this work, please contact me off-list.

Kind Regards,
Torsten

--

Best regards,

Charles

Re: RoundCube

Ed Wildgoose-2
On 15/02/2013 21:16, Andreas Dick wrote:

> In my eys, OwnlCloud is a great frontend for calendars, addresses and files,
> similar what RC is for emails and addresses, but I would prefer a expanded RC
> frontend whit its own backends.... and then some extended backends for e.g.
> SabreDAV to access them via DAV from other clients.
> The reason is, that e.g. callendar and addressbooks over DAV is probably fast
> enough for mobile phones, but verrrry slow compared to e.g. the native
> addressbook of RC (SQL or LDAP)

Even phones will sync the answer locally, and work from cache.  The same
happens with the other "myroundcube" calendar plugin mentioned - it
periodically syncs to the backend via dav and then works from database
the rest of the time (same also with the carddav plugin, it just syncs
to a copy of the existing contacts sql table)

The benefit of this design is that you can sync to multiple dav
upstreams, eg pull public holidays in from some source, pull in your
gmail contacts, pull in your office CRM contacts, etc.

However, I wanted something more tightly integrated with my DAV server
(which I have picked OwnCloud/SabreDav for now), so I was looking at a
straight plugin to RC to make its contacts read directly from the
owncloud DB.  So the two wouldn't sync, they would be tightly coupled
via the DB.  Plenty of disadvantages in this approach...

Ed W

Re: RoundCube

Ed Wildgoose-2
Kinda precludes you from using roundcube though?

I have a test install of SOGo. I like it, although it's not as snappy as I would like.  I don't really understand how to build add-ons and plugins.  Even properly integrating with a mysql database isn't clear - password changing didn't appear integrated and fixing that wasn't obvious?

Great integration with calendar and contacts though (sharing them with other users, viewing other calendars, etc).  Roundcube appears completely lacking in that it doesn't even seem to correctly show carddav attachments (bug?) and ical attachments will at best be handled via some plugin. However, whilst I hope there will be better calendar integration in the future, I can see why it's currently not a priority.

Overall SOGo looks like a nice "enterprise class" solution.  Nearly went down that route except that I needed roundcube for some lighter weight installations and there is some advantage in keeping the same everywhere. Personally if I could get the Kolab calendar, contacts and notes applications working with my caldav/mysql backend I would be done!

Ed W

On 18/02/2013 11:00, Charles Marcus wrote:
Out of curiosity, have you compared it to SOGo?

I really like SOGo because it includes Samba4 and can function as a total solution (Domain Controller as well as Groupware Server), and will work with the IMAP server of your choice (comes bundled with dovecot, which is the best anyway).

It has native Outlook support (even remote), and supports most every mobile client out there...

Re: RoundCube

Nieścierowicz Adam

I see that some people are concerned with CalDAV calendar.

I think it would be best to choose one solution, there is a person familiar with kolab therefore proposes to choose the direction.

the most important question, whether there will be more willing to give financial support to accomplish this task?

On 2013-02-18 6:02 PM, Ed W [hidden email] wrote:
Kinda precludes you from using roundcube though?

Not at all... I really like roundcube, so my plan is to offer a roundcube instance direct access the the IMAP server for casual webmail access, but let users know of the full SOGo web based interface too, and let them choose. I'll track the usage and see what the users prefer over time...

Even properly integrating with a mysql database isn't clear - password changing didn't appear integrated and fixing that wasn't obvious?

? Not sure what you mean... you can point SOGo to any existing MySQL backend for authentication, or it can create/use its own...

Overall SOGo looks like a nice "enterprise class" solution.  Nearly went down that route except that I needed roundcube for some lighter weight installations and there is some advantage in keeping the same everywhere. Personally if I could get the Kolab calendar, contacts and notes applications working with my caldav/mysql backend I would be done!

The one thing I wish SOGo had was collaboration features, ie integrated 'document sharing'... but considering that our next major 'Windows Server' domain update will be to SOGo (we're currently on 2008 R2, so by the time we're ready to upgrade, SOGo/Samba4 will be very mature)...

--

Best regards,

Charles

12