RoundMail configuration for multiple domain names - identities problem

RoundMail configuration for multiple domain names - identities problem

Tatham Oddie (Fuel Advance)
Hi all,

I’ve only had RoundCube running for about an hour now, so excuse any of my
n00b stupidity please.

It’s all working now, however the “identities” concept doesn’t seem to work
too well for us.

We have about 80 domain names on a mail server, which I have pointed
RoundCube at.

All of the accounts use the full email address as the user name. I have set:

        $rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'mail.fueladvance2.com';

With that combination, any of our users could login fine.

However – sending mail doesn’t work until you manually create an identity.
This isn’t a great first-run experience, and I don’t want to have to write
some sort of script to sync the mail server accounts with the RoundCube
identities table.

Is there a simple mod I can make that bypasses this concept of identities
and just says “use the username as the from address” ?

I have already configured:

        $rcmail_config['smtp_server'] = 'mail.fueladvance2.com';
        $rcmail_config['smtp_port'] = 25;
        $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
        $rcmail_config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
        $rcmail_config['smtp_auth_type'] = '';

Any suggestions?

Great so far otherwise! I'm excited about using this product.

Thanks,

Tatham Oddie
Fuel Advance – Ignite Your Idea
call:+61414275989, call:+61280113982, skype:tathamoddie,
msn:[hidden email], fueladvance.com