[Roundcube Announce] Roundcube Webmail 1.0.0 released

[Roundcube Announce] Roundcube Webmail 1.0.0 released

Thomas Bruederli-2
Dear Roundcube users

We’re very proud to announce the stable version 1.0 of Roundcube
Webmail. After more than 8 years since the project was initially
published, we now feel confident enough to name it one-dot-oh. From
the last stable version we added to following new features:

* Cleaned up the configuration into a single file
* Importing email messages and contact group assignments
* Advanced LDAP address book functionality
* A toggle to switch between HTML and plaintext view
* Save drafts in local storage for recovery
* Canned responses to save and recall boilerplate texts
* Improved keyboard navigation in messages list
* Optimized UI to work on tablet devices
* Attachment reminder plugin

Furthermore we were busy cleaning up the codebase, fixing a lot of
bugs, making it more stable and writing more documentation.

With this release, we’d also like to introduce the Roundcube plugins
repository at http://plugins.roundcube.net. This central platform
should help you find the right plugins for your Roundcube installation
and it makes it simple to keep them up-to-date. The installation and
update mechanism is based on Composer [1] and Packagist [2].

We’d also like to encourage plugin developers to publish their plugins
on this platform. Please read the instructions [3] how to prepare your
plugin for publishing.

After lots of testing and collecting your feedback, this version is
considered stable and we recommend to update all productive
installations of Roundcube.

Download the fresh webmail and framework packages from
http://roundcube.net/download
Read the full list of changes here: http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog

Now after the big release is finally out, it's about time to open a beer :-)

Cheers!
Thomas

[1] https://getcomposer.org
[2] https://packagist.org