[Roundcube Announce] Roundcube Webmail 1.3-beta out now
Dear subscribers, we wish you all a happy new year!
Today we published the beta release of the next major version 1.3 of Roundcube webmail.
With this milestone we introduce some new features:
- Widescreen layout aka Three Column View
- Possibility to display QR code for contacts data
- New identicon plugin
- Attach contact vCards to composed message
- Support WEBP images and MathML preview
- Preview, download and rename attachments when composing a message
- message/rfc822 attachment preview
- Various Enigma (PGP) and Managesieve plugin improvements
Plus security and deployment improvements:
- Improve randomness of password salts and random hashes
- Fixed redundancy in sql caching system and compatibility with Galera Cluster
And finally some code-cleanup:
- Dropped support for legacy browsers (IE < 10; removed 'legacy_browser' plugin)
- Require PHP >= 5.4
- Removed PHP mail() support
IMPORTANT: The code-cleanup part brings major changes and possibly incompatibilities to your existing Roundcube installations. So please read the changelog  carefully and thoroughly test your upgrade scenario.
Please note that Roundcube 1.3
1. no longer runs on PHP 5.3
2. no longer supports IE < 10 and old versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari
3. requires an SMTP server connection to send mails
That last item means you need to review your SMTP server settings as described in our wiki  if you have set the smtp_server option to an empty value and are thus using PHP’s mail() function.
See the complete Changelog  and download the new packages from Github .
This is a beta release and we recommend to test it on a separate environment.
And as usual, don't forget to backup your data before installing it.
We're keen to hear your feedback about the new release.