Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Adventurer

PLEASE MAKE ROUNDCUBE iPHONE MOBILE APP ASAP

Critically important because the workarounds are bad:

1.       setting POP/IMAP/SMTP servers on cell phones is storage + security risk for many users

2.       using forwarders to read email on a secondary mobile-webmail app (e.g. gmail app) is security concern + sometimes the forwarding fails

3.       buying g-suite or other expensive service is prohibitively expensive

Please escalate this feedback to your developers, extremely important to many Roundcube users

Many Thanks!

Jed

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Joachim Fahrner

Am 2017-08-05 20:20, schrieb Adventurer:

PLEASE MAKE ROUNDCUBE iPHONE MOBILE APP ASAP

Does iphone not have a web browser?

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Adventurer

Roundcube, when integrated on host website is not mobile-friendly on ANY phone browser

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Reindl Harald-2

Am 05.08.2017 um 21:52 schrieb Adventurer:
> Roundcube, when integrated on host website is not mobile-friendly on ANY
> phone browser

but every smartphone has a native mail application and on Anroid you can
even chose between a dozen of them - what's the point of a webmail on
such a device at all?

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Vladimir Gorpenko
Hi!

1. There is an application RoundCube for Android (presents in Play
Market), which is a client of RC and makes web interface acceptable for
the smartphone.

2. Once I unintentionally clicked some key combination when worked with
RC 1.1.4 (under Firefox) and the interface suddenly became suitable for
the smartphone. Moreover, it was possible to select model from big list.
I do not remember what it were a buttons. ((
I strongly was surprised and since then I want to learn in more detail
about this opportunity, but wasn't going to ask about it.

---
Best regards,
    Vladimir Gorpenko

Reindl Harald писал 2017-08-06 01:28:

> Am 05.08.2017 um 21:52 schrieb Adventurer:
>> Roundcube, when integrated on host website is not mobile-friendly on
>> ANY phone browser
>
> but every smartphone has a native mail application and on Anroid you
> can even chose between a dozen of them - what's the point of a webmail
> on such a device at all?

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Vladimir Gorpenko
Oh, I have remembered.

It is Shift-Control-M and works under FireFox. Under Chrome the same
combination of buttons does absolutely another. By the way, it is good
to read comments of developers on this subject.

Though it, of course, can be feature of Firefox, and I am not sure that
in this option it is convenient to work with RC, but the application
from Play Market is really efficient.

---
Best regards,
    Vladimir Gorpenko

Reindl Harald писал 2017-08-06 01:28:

> Am 05.08.2017 um 21:52 schrieb Adventurer:
>> Roundcube, when integrated on host website is not mobile-friendly on
>> ANY phone browser
>
> but every smartphone has a native mail application and on Anroid you
> can even chose between a dozen of them - what's the point of a webmail
> on such a device at all?

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Rimas Kudelis
It's a Firefox feature which toggles Responsive Design view (or Mobile
view if you like). Basically, it's a tool that lets web developers test
their creations on desktop, as if they were using them on a mobile
phone. It's not Roundcube-specific, and works with any website, and if
that website is not "responsive", you'll get crappy interface.

Chrome has this feature as well: you can press F12, and then in the
developer toolbar click the "Toggle device toolbar" icon on the left (it
shows something like a smartphone above a rectangle which represents a
tablet).

Cheers,

Rimas

2017.08.06 09:12, Vladimir Gorpenko rašė:

> Oh, I have remembered.
>
> It is Shift-Control-M and works under FireFox. Under Chrome the same
> combination of buttons does absolutely another. By the way, it is good
> to read comments of developers on this subject.
>
> Though it, of course, can be feature of Firefox, and I am not sure
> that in this option it is convenient to work with RC, but the
> application from Play Market is really efficient.
>
> ---
> Best regards,
>    Vladimir Gorpenko
>
> Reindl Harald писал 2017-08-06 01:28:
>> Am 05.08.2017 um 21:52 schrieb Adventurer:
>>> Roundcube, when integrated on host website is not mobile-friendly on
>>> ANY phone browser
>>
>> but every smartphone has a native mail application and on Anroid you
>> can even chose between a dozen of them - what's the point of a webmail
>> on such a device at all?

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Vladimir Gorpenko
Hi.

Thanks for information.

In addition on a subject: it seems to me, I saw that someone sells skins
for RC adapted for the smartphone. I didn't check this information and
didn't see those skins. However it can be a solution too.

---
Best regards,
    Vladimir Gorpenko

Rimas Kudelis писал 2017-08-06 23:12:

> It's a Firefox feature which toggles Responsive Design view (or Mobile
> view if you like). Basically, it's a tool that lets web developers
> test their creations on desktop, as if they were using them on a
> mobile phone. It's not Roundcube-specific, and works with any website,
> and if that website is not "responsive", you'll get crappy interface.
>
> Chrome has this feature as well: you can press F12, and then in the
> developer toolbar click the "Toggle device toolbar" icon on the left
> (it shows something like a smartphone above a rectangle which
> represents a tablet).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rimas
>

> 2017.08.06 09:12, Vladimir Gorpenko rašė:
>> Oh, I have remembered.
>>
>> It is Shift-Control-M and works under FireFox. Under Chrome the same
>> combination of buttons does absolutely another. By the way, it is good
>> to read comments of developers on this subject.
>>
>> Though it, of course, can be feature of Firefox, and I am not sure
>> that in this option it is convenient to work with RC, but the
>> application from Play Market is really efficient.
>>
>> ---
>> Best regards,
>>    Vladimir Gorpenko
>>
>> Reindl Harald писал 2017-08-06 01:28:
>>>
>>> but every smartphone has a native mail application and on Anroid you
>>> can even chose between a dozen of them - what's the point of a
>>> webmail
>>> on such a device at all?

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Spirk, Werner
Am 07.08.2017 um 07:56 schrieb Vladimir Gorpenko:
> Hi.
>
> Thanks for information.
>
> In addition on a subject: it seems to me, I saw that someone sells
> skins for RC adapted for the smartphone. I didn't check this
> information and didn't see those skins. However it can be a solution too.
    There are additional skins sells by
    https://roundcubeskins.com

   We use these skins.
   Regards
   Werner

> ---
> Best regards,
>    Vladimir Gorpenko
>
> Rimas Kudelis писал 2017-08-06 23:12:
>> It's a Firefox feature which toggles Responsive Design view (or Mobile
>> view if you like). Basically, it's a tool that lets web developers
>> test their creations on desktop, as if they were using them on a
>> mobile phone. It's not Roundcube-specific, and works with any website,
>> and if that website is not "responsive", you'll get crappy interface.
>>
>> Chrome has this feature as well: you can press F12, and then in the
>> developer toolbar click the "Toggle device toolbar" icon on the left
>> (it shows something like a smartphone above a rectangle which
>> represents a tablet).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rimas
>>

>> 2017.08.06 09:12, Vladimir Gorpenko rašė:
>>> Oh, I have remembered.
>>>
>>> It is Shift-Control-M and works under FireFox. Under Chrome the same
>>> combination of buttons does absolutely another. By the way, it is
>>> good to read comments of developers on this subject.
>>>
>>> Though it, of course, can be feature of Firefox, and I am not sure
>>> that in this option it is convenient to work with RC, but the
>>> application from Play Market is really efficient.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Best regards,
>>>    Vladimir Gorpenko

| Werner Spirk                .    .       Tel.:  +49 89  35831 8707   |
| Leibniz-Rechenzentrum      (_)  (_)      Fax :  +49 89  35831 8507   |
| Boltzmannstr. 1            | |  | |                                  |
| 85748 Garching             |o|  |o|      Email: [hidden email]         |
|                            | |/\| |                                  |
| Deutschland               bei München                                |

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Adventurer

The responses so far seem either irrelevant or insulting.  Again, asking for iOS Roundcube-app or mobile-friendly Roundcube-login-website to access mail stored on one’s host server
(because all hosts I’ve seen lack mobile-friendly email interface for Roundcube)

Again, setting POP/IMAP/SMTP servers on cell phones is storage + security risk for many users.  Obviously webmail useful for phones, e.g. this why Gmail-app exists for iOS!

Re: Roundcube iPhone app urgently needed

Rimas Kudelis

Hi Adventurer,

2017.08.07 17:42, Adventurer wrote:

The responses so far seem either irrelevant or insulting.  Again, asking for iOS Roundcube-app or mobile-friendly Roundcube-login-website to access mail stored on one’s host server
(because all hosts I’ve seen lack mobile-friendly email interface for Roundcube)

Again, setting POP/IMAP/SMTP servers on cell phones is storage + security risk for many users.  Obviously webmail useful for phones, e.g. this why Gmail-app exists for iOS!

I tend to disagree with your assessment about some-provider-specific email apps being more secure than generic ones.

However, as far as I know, a mobile-friendly Roundcube skin is already in progress, you can find it at https://github.com/roundcube/elastic/commits/master. There was an email thread about it on this list this January, you can read it at http://lists.roundcube.net/pipermail/dev/2017-January/thread.html (it's the second thread from top). Looking at commit history, it seems that Alec is still alone in this endeavor, so if you really care and have the knowledge necessary, I guess you're welcome to contribute.

Cheers,

Rimas