Roundcube logging settings

G. Schlisio
Hi all,

I am using RC 1.2.3 on a linux/systemd machine and it works really well
- thanks to the devs providing this great piece of software.
Still, I have a problem, that is extensive logging of RC.
There is a logging section in config.inc.php allowing some tuning, but
even at the lowest setting (debug_level=1, everything else turned off)
the logging still is very verbose.
What bugs me most is that every time someone sends a mail via RC it
shows up in the logs with username and destination email address.
Is there any way to stop logging this without directly patching this
feature out of RC? That would be great.

Thank you in advance
Georg

Re: Roundcube logging settings

Maarten
If you set debug_level=0 then it should stop logging verbose. Then it
should  only log where the connection came from, method,pid, session,
etc. So normal log stuff

On 2017-01-29 20:01, G. Schlisio wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using RC 1.2.3 on a linux/systemd machine and it works really well
> - thanks to the devs providing this great piece of software.
> Still, I have a problem, that is extensive logging of RC.
> There is a logging section in config.inc.php allowing some tuning, but
> even at the lowest setting (debug_level=1, everything else turned off)
> the logging still is very verbose.
> What bugs me most is that every time someone sends a mail via RC it
> shows up in the logs with username and destination email address.
> Is there any way to stop logging this without directly patching this
> feature out of RC? That would be great.
>
> Thank you in advance
> Georg

Re: Roundcube logging settings

G. Schlisio
Oh, i kinda feel stupid now.
Thank you!

Am 29.01.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Maarten:

> If you set debug_level=0 then it should stop logging verbose. Then it
> should  only log where the connection came from, method,pid, session,
> etc. So normal log stuff
>

> On 2017-01-29 20:01, G. Schlisio wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am using RC 1.2.3 on a linux/systemd machine and it works really well
>> - thanks to the devs providing this great piece of software.
>> Still, I have a problem, that is extensive logging of RC.
>> There is a logging section in config.inc.php allowing some tuning, but
>> even at the lowest setting (debug_level=1, everything else turned off)
>> the logging still is very verbose.
>> What bugs me most is that every time someone sends a mail via RC it
>> shows up in the logs with username and destination email address.
>> Is there any way to stop logging this without directly patching this
>> feature out of RC? That would be great.
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>> Georg

Re: Roundcube logging settings

Ismael | Starline Design

Please unsubscribe me.

Kind regards,

Rahied | Starline Design

Re: Roundcube logging settings

Benny Pedersen-4
sure just follow links below here

Re: Roundcube logging settings

G. Schlisio
sadly, it still seems to log sent emails in full beauty after setting
debug_level to 0:

Jan 30 17:25:53 mydomain roundcube[3023]: <ac5abc1e> User myusername
[myip]; Message for [hidden email]; 250: 2.0.0 Ok: queued as
BF5FF7A0168

any other hints?

Georg

Re: Roundcube logging settings

Steve Wilson
On 30/01/2017 21:37, G. Schlisio wrote:

> sadly, it still seems to log sent emails in full beauty after setting
> debug_level to 0:
>
> Jan 30 17:25:53 mydomain roundcube[3023]: <ac5abc1e> User myusername
> [myip]; Message for [hidden email]; 250: 2.0.0 Ok: queued as
> BF5FF7A0168
>
> any other hints?
>
> Georg

Is $config['smtp_log'] set to false in your config?

It looks like the default for this is to be true so it would need to be
set false in the config rather than commented out like other logging.

Steve.

Re: Roundcube logging settings

G. Schlisio
> Is $config['smtp_log'] set to false in your config?
>
> It looks like the default for this is to be true so it would need to be
> set false in the config rather than commented out like other logging.
>
> Steve.

Thank you very much, that solved it. I did not know about this switch
but found it afterwards in defaults.inc.php set to true. Setting to
false in config.inc.php overrides this and shuts smtp-logging completely.
georg