Roundcube vs Postfix smtpd_delay_reject=no

Roundcube vs Postfix smtpd_delay_reject=no

Hello Roundcube Users

I have an installation of Roundcube 1.1.5 (Version 1.2 is not yet
working for me due to plugin dependencies). I noticed that mail cannot
be sent using SMTP auth if the MTA (Postfix 2.10.2) has
smtpd_delay_reject disabled:

Postfix' default setting is to have smtpd_delay_reject turned on.
Changing nothing else but enabling smtpd_delay_reject Roundcube works
flawlessly. But due to specific needs on this server I would like to
leave smtpd_delay_reject disabled and have Roundcube cooperate with this

This is Roundcube's error message from my logs:
roundcube: <vqg1ssqm> SMTP Error: Connection failed: Invalid response
code received from server in
/var/www/html/cmail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1712 (POST
roundcube: ERROR: Invalid response code received from server (554)

And this is what Postfix says:
postfix/smtpd[28420]: connect from unknown[x.x.x.x]
postfix/smtpd[28420]: NOQUEUE: reject: CONNECT from unknown[x.x.x.x]:
554 5.7.1 <unknown[x.x.x.x]>: Client host rejected: Access denied;
postfix/smtpd[28420]: lost connection after CONNECT from unknown[x.x.x.x]
postfix/smtpd[28420]: disconnect from unknown[x.x.x.x]

Here's a config snippet of Roundcube's SMTP settings:
$config['smtp_server'] = 'tls://smtphost';
$config['smtp_port'] = 587;
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

Is there anything I can do on Roundcube config side? A magic Postfix
trick? Thank you for any input!

Best regards