SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication

SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication

SipriusPT
Hello guys,

After i install roundcubemail i tried to send a mail from it (to @gmail.com) but it seems that there is a problem with SMTP configuration, because when i try to send a mail i receive this message:

SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "XXX" (Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
XXX (XXX.local) [XXX]:XXX
is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.).

I can only send mails to emails in the ISP. There i have another domain, and i am able to send to send mails to that domain.

I am using a OSX with server app.

Mail is online and i have made this there:

Provide mail for: <the domain after @>
Authentication: Open Directory
Relay outgoing mail through ISP: Check and inside i also had the <the domain after @>

Anyone knows how can i solve this? =/

Re: SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication

Jan Gerle
Am 13.10.2016 um 16:57 schrieb SipriusPT:
SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "XXX" (Please turn on SMTP
Authentication in your mail client.
XXX (XXX.local) [XXX]:XXX
is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.).

You need to set $config['smtp_user']='%u' and $config['smtp_pass']='%p'

See https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Configuration#sending-messages-via-smtp

Best,
Jan

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication

SipriusPT
But my ISP just provide one link for both IMAP and SMTP with default ports, there is no user and pass for SMTP =/ i dont think that it needs for outgoing email server requires authentication.

For one moment i received a different error when i activate the mail service at server app saying that there:

SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "XXX" (The mail server could not deliver mail to XXX. The
account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the
proper dns entries.).

But after a while it returns and i dont understand why since i just have put mail service online =/

Am 13.10.2016 um 16:57 schrieb SipriusPT:
SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "XXX" (Please turn on SMTP
Authentication in your mail client.
XXX (XXX.local) [XXX]:XXX
is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.).

You need to set $config['smtp_user']='%u' and $config['smtp_pass']='%p'

See https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Configuration#sending-messages-via-smtp

Best,
Jan

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

To unsubscribe from SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication, click here.
NAML

Cumprimentos,
Fábio Cabrita.

Re: SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication

SipriusPT
This post was updated on .
When i start this thread i didnt mention but i was able to send and receive mails from my ISP where i have my mail server, but was unable to send to another outside domains, i was only able to receive. It seems like i am having a problem with outgoing mail through ISP =/

I didnt explain well in the previous post but i thought that both commands to login in SMTP/IMAP was set already by default, with the login of email account.

But when i tried to use the username and password of users:

// SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Roundcube
// will use the current username for login
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';

// SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password Roundcube
// will use the current user's password for login
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

I receive this msg for every mail i send from my webservice (inside and outside of my ISP):

SMTP Error (250): Authentication failed.

But i am still able to login in with a email account in my webservice.

Re: SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient ... Please turn on SMTP Authentication

SipriusPT
I also tried to configure more variables on defaults.inc.php to:

[quote]$config['smtp_server'] = ‘%n’; // my mail server starts with mail.*
$config['smtp_port'] = 25;
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
$config['smtp_auth_type'] = ‘LOGIN’;[/quote]

When i mess with those last 3 fields, for every send (inside or outside of the domains of ISP), i get:

[quote]SMTP Error (250): Authentication failed.[/quote]

I also use every type of smtp_auth_type available in the commented list that was brought by default inside of the defaults.inc.php.

If i leave it empty, i receive the SMTP error 550, when i send just to outside domains of my ISP:

[quote]SMTP Error (550): Failed to add recipient "XXX" (Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client.
XXX (XXX.local) [XXX]:XXX
is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.).[/quote]