TRYING AGAIN: Replying to previously sent mail

TRYING AGAIN: Replying to previously sent mail

Philip Rhoades-2
People,

I didn't get an answer to this a couple of months so . . trying again:

I am currently on version:

   1.4-beta

but on previous versions, RCM was smart enough to know that when I would
reply to a previously sent email in my Sent folder, that it knew the new
reply should go to the original recipient and not back to myself - this
behaviour has stopped in the last version or so - is there any way I can
turn it back on?  I am constantly sending out an email with a promise to
follow up when I have more information about something and it is very
convenient to just reply to the previous email . . and not get it sent
to myself . .

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra  NSW  2794
Australia
E-mail:  [hidden email]

Re: TRYING AGAIN: Replying to previously sent mail

A.L.E.C
On 4/13/19 11:26 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>   1.4-beta

You should update to 1.4-rc1

> but on previous versions, RCM was smart enough to know that when I would reply to a
> previously sent email in my Sent folder, that it knew the new reply should go to the
> original recipient and not back to myself - this behaviour has stopped in the last version
> or so - is there any way I can turn it back on?  I am constantly sending out an email with
> a promise to follow up when I have more information about something and it is very
> convenient to just reply to the previous email . . and not get it sent to myself . .

Works for me. Do you add Reply-To to your messages? In such case it will have a precedence
over the code detecting reply-to-self case.

Re: TRYING AGAIN: Replying to previously sent mail

Philip Rhoades-2
A.L.E.C,

On 2019-04-13 20:12, A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 4/13/19 11:26 AM, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>   1.4-beta
>
> You should update to 1.4-rc1

I did that but then I get an SMTP error message when trying to reply to
this mail - I am too tired to debug that tonight so I went back to the
beta version but see below . .

>> but on previous versions, RCM was smart enough to know that when I
>> would reply to a
>> previously sent email in my Sent folder, that it knew the new reply
>> should go to the
>> original recipient and not back to myself - this behaviour has stopped
>> in the last version
>> or so - is there any way I can turn it back on?  I am constantly
>> sending out an email with
>> a promise to follow up when I have more information about something
>> and it is very
>> convenient to just reply to the previous email . . and not get it sent
>> to myself . .
>
> Works for me. Do you add Reply-To to your messages? In such case it
> will have a precedence
> over the code detecting reply-to-self case.

Hmm . . I can't even find where the option for that is in the Settings .
. is this domestic blindness?

Thanks,

Phil.
--