Temporary imap connection loss -> unable to login

Temporary imap connection loss -> unable to login

HaroldAling

Dear devs,

When I stop my imap server (dovecot) and open something on Roundcube, I get
a 'connection error' and I'm forwarded to the login screen.

Obviously, login fails then...

After restarting my imap server, login is still denied! I have to manually
remove my session from the session table in mysql before I can log in
again.

Weird behaviour:
* When imap is unavailable, RC just sais 'Login failed' upon login, instead
of 'Connection to imap failed, contact your administrator ...'
* After a lost connection to imap, RC just sais 'Login failed' upon login,
instead of removing the bogus session and allowing me to login again
* I have to manually remove the session from the session table to be able
to login again.

I'm using Roundcube from svn r870...

-H-

Re: Temporary imap connection loss -> unable to login

Julien Wadin
Harold Aling a écrit :

> Dear devs,
>
> When I stop my imap server (dovecot) and open something on Roundcube, I get
> a 'connection error' and I'm forwarded to the login screen.
>
> Obviously, login fails then...
>
> After restarting my imap server, login is still denied! I have to manually
> remove my session from the session table in mysql before I can log in
> again.

We've the same problem

--
Wadin Julien
Tel : +32 (0) 475 632 168

Simplifiez vous Postfix : http://postfixwinadmin.jwhosting.eu

Re: Temporary imap connection loss -> unable to login

Thomas Bruederli
2007/10/16, Julien Wadin <[hidden email]>:

> > After restarting my imap server, login is still denied! I have to manually
> > remove my session from the session table in mysql before I can log in
> > again.
>
> We've the same problem

I just committed revision 871 which might solve this problem. Since I
was not able to reproduce it I need you to test it. Check out the
latest revision of index.php or download it manually from
https://svn.roundcube.net/trunk/roundcubemail/index.php in order to
test this fix. Don't forget to backup the old index.php of your
installation :-)

~Thomas

P.S. Patching your index.php using the diff from
http://trac.roundcube.net/changeset/871 should also work.