Welcome / requesting advise on migrating to new server

Welcome / requesting advise on migrating to new server

Lance Raymond
Morning all,

I have a new client that has an old, old CentOS 6 server that is failing so we want to migrate over to a new server.   The old server I have console access, and a bit unsure on the setup as it is running EXIM as the process, but the webmail client says RoundCube.   There is no MySQL, so maybe it's just the GUI there using, but I want to move to a new server, clean RoundCube install, and wonder if there is anyone that knows if mail can be imported into that server.

The current seems to be storing all the mail local, but I have 0 experience with EXIM so not sure if there is a way to export / import, etc.

Any help, direction is appreciated.

Lance

Re: Welcome / requesting advise on migrating to new server

Tache Madalin
Roundcube is an email client, not a server. It merely fetches the emails from the server.

Try installing it on a separate server and configure it to point to the server where your email server is.

You'll probably have to migrate emails to a new server and then point roundcube to the new one.

I've successfully used imapsync in the past. Maybe that'll help you too:)

Regards,
Madalin.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020, 17:22 Lance Raymond <[hidden email]> wrote:
Morning all,

I have a new client that has an old, old CentOS 6 server that is failing so we want to migrate over to a new server.   The old server I have console access, and a bit unsure on the setup as it is running EXIM as the process, but the webmail client says RoundCube.   There is no MySQL, so maybe it's just the GUI there using, but I want to move to a new server, clean RoundCube install, and wonder if there is anyone that knows if mail can be imported into that server.

The current seems to be storing all the mail local, but I have 0 experience with EXIM so not sure if there is a way to export / import, etc.

Any help, direction is appreciated.

Lance

Re: Welcome / requesting advise on migrating to new server

Lance Raymond
Ah thanks, I did an install a few years back, was a full suite of some iMAP server, client, mysql, some themes, was actually a simple solid install, never realized it was just the client side.

But I will gladly give that a shot, thanks for the quick reply :)

madalin wrote on 2/21/20 10:31 AM:
[...]

Jari Fredriksson

The components for a system:

MTA: Exim, Postfix or Sendmail
- used to send mail. It receives mail from Internet and sends mail to Internet

IMAP server: Dovecot or Courier server
- used to read mail by an email client

Mail client: Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Roundcube
- used to handle mail by user. It connects to IMAP or POP when reading mail, and to MTA when it sends mail

Database: Postgres, MySQL/MariaDB, Oracle etc.
- used to store settings of Roundcubemail, if in use.

Cheers,

jarif