confused about PGP

Andreas Meyer
Hello!

Just upgraded to Version 1.2 because of the enigma-plugin.
It's great Roundcube supports PGP now!

I enabled the plugin and importet a public key. When I write
a mail to the owner of that key, I choose "encrypt" and when
I send it, Roundcube asks for the public key of the sender.

Shouldn't it ask for the key of the recipient?

Kind regards

  Andreas

Re: confused about PGP

A.L.E.C
On 05/27/2016 04:39 PM, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> I enabled the plugin and importet a public key. When I write
> a mail to the owner of that key, I choose "encrypt" and when
> I send it, Roundcube asks for the public key of the sender.
>
> Shouldn't it ask for the key of the recipient?

You store sent mail in Sent folder, right? To be able to decrypt it you
need to use your (sender's) key too.

Kolab Groupware Developer        [http://kolab.org]
Roundcube Webmail Developer  [http://roundcube.net]

Re: confused about PGP

Andreas Meyer
Hi!

"A.L.E.C" <[hidden email]> schrieb am 27.05.16 um 17:55:26 Uhr:

> On 05/27/2016 04:39 PM, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> > I enabled the plugin and importet a public key. When I write
> > a mail to the owner of that key, I choose "encrypt" and when
> > I send it, Roundcube asks for the public key of the sender.
> >
> > Shouldn't it ask for the key of the recipient?
>
> You store sent mail in Sent folder, right? To be able to decrypt it you
> need to use your (sender's) key too.

ah, ok, that makes sense. Thank you!

  Andreas