forward filter is not working

Andreas Meyer-3
Hello!

Tried to set a filter to forward an email but without luck.

-- require ["copy"];
# rule:[weiterleitung]
if header :contains "to" "[hidden email]"
{
        redirect :copy "[hidden email]";
        stop;
}

Also a

 -- require ["copy"];
# rule:[weiterleitung]
if header :contains "to" "[hidden email]"
{
        redirect "[hidden email]";
        stop;
}

does not work. How can I solve this?

Regards

  Andreas

Re: forward filter is not working

Alfred Bühler
On 05.12.19 13:04, Andreas Meyer wrote:

> Tried to set a filter to forward an email but without luck.

Not sure, but maybe your server doesn't support it?

> -- require ["copy"];
> # rule:[weiterleitung]
> if header :contains "to" "[hidden email]"
> {
> redirect :copy "[hidden email]";
> stop;
> }

Looks correct for me, except the 2 dashes in front of 'require'. I don't
have these dashes in my config.

--
Alfred Bühler

Re: forward filter is not working

Marchello
  Hi Andreas,

Though it is not exactly what you asked for, but I tested another
solution and it worked for me.

sudo nano /etc/aliases

testgmail: [hidden email]

I've sent email to [hidden email] and it was successfully
forwarded to [hidden email] address.

Also I've heard this approach can be used for creating mailing lists
with several emails in one alias, but did not try it yet.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Marchello

On 2019-12-05 14:04, Andreas Meyer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Tried to set a filter to forward an email but without luck.
>
> -- require ["copy"];
> # rule:[weiterleitung]
> if header :contains "to" "[hidden email]"
> {
> redirect :copy "[hidden email]";
> stop;
> }
>
> Also a
>
>  -- require ["copy"];
> # rule:[weiterleitung]
> if header :contains "to" "[hidden email]"
> {
> redirect "[hidden email]";
> stop;
> }
>
> does not work. How can I solve this?

Fwd: Re: forward filter is not working

Marchello
  BTW, just in case if someone is interested, I just tested /etc/aliases
as

testseveral: [hidden email], [hidden email], localuser3

I've sent email to [hidden email] and it was successfully
redirected to both out addresses [hidden email] and
[hidden email], also it was copied into localuser3 mailbox.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Marchello

Alfred Bühler <[hidden email]> schrieb am 05.12.19 um 21:42:54 Uhr:

> On 05.12.19 13:04, Andreas Meyer wrote:
>
> > Tried to set a filter to forward an email but without luck.
>
> Not sure, but maybe your server doesn't support it?

The server supports sieve ofcourse.

> > -- require ["copy"];
> > # rule:[weiterleitung]
> > if header :contains "to" "[hidden email]"
> > {
> > redirect :copy "[hidden email]";
> > stop;
> > }
>
> Looks correct for me, except the 2 dashes in front of 'require'. I don't
> have these dashes in my config.
The two dashes are not there in the original file. Must have been a c&p error.

I am still wondering why the filter does not work. I can define a vacation filter
that works very well.

Marchello <[hidden email]> schrieb am 05.12.19 um 23:07:04 Uhr:

> Though it is not exactly what you asked for, but I tested another
> solution and it worked for me.
>
> sudo nano /etc/aliases
>
> testgmail: [hidden email]
>
> I've sent email to [hidden email] and it was successfully
> forwarded to [hidden email] address.
>
> Also I've heard this approach can be used for creating mailing lists
> with several emails in one alias, but did not try it yet.
I know I can do this on the MTA with aliases and/or virtualaliases. It works
well.
But I wanted the user to be able to create a sievefilter himself.

On 06.12.19 14:59, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> I am still wondering why the filter does not work. I can define a vacation filter
> that works very well.

Strange!  Do you have any specific configuration in your config.inc.php?

$config['managesieve_*'] = ...;

Also consider increasing the logging level.

--
Alfred Bühler

Alfred Bühler <[hidden email]> schrieb am 07.12.19 um 13:28:08 Uhr:

> On 06.12.19 14:59, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> > I am still wondering why the filter does not work. I can define a vacation filter
> > that works very well.
>
> Strange!  Do you have any specific configuration in your config.inc.php?
>
> $config['managesieve_*'] = ...;

no

> Also consider increasing the logging level.

I was a stupid mistake and misunderstanding of how the filer works by me. After enabling
debugging in dovecot I found out what I did wrong.
Everthing is working now as expected.

Thanks!

  Andreas