full email login

c o

full email login

c o
Hi all, what do I need to do so that a user only has to put their username in to the login box and not the full email. [hidden email] and password cut down to user and password.

Cheers :)

=

--
Powered By Outblaze

Re: full email login

kmnair
On 10/9/07, c o <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all, what do I need to do so that a user only has to put their username in to the login box and not the full email. [hidden email] and password cut down to user and password.
>
> Cheers :)

Please see the main.inc.php file in the config folder.

// Automatically add this domain to user names for login
// Only for IMAP servers that require full e-mail addresses for login
// Specify an array with 'host' => 'domain' values to support multiple hosts
$rcmail_config['username_domain'] = 'yourdomain.com';

HTH

kmn

Re: full email login

Julien Wadin
kmnair a écrit :

> On 10/9/07, c o <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, what do I need to do so that a user only has to put their username in to the login box and not the full email. [hidden email] and password cut down to user and password.
>>
>> Cheers :)
>>

> Please see the main.inc.php file in the config folder.
>

> // Automatically add this domain to user names for login
> // Only for IMAP servers that require full e-mail addresses for login
> // Specify an array with 'host' => 'domain' values to support multiple hosts
> $rcmail_config['username_domain'] = 'yourdomain.com';

You can also change the login template, so that "@domain.com" is written
near the textbox

--
Wadin Julien
Tel : +32 (0) 475 632 168

Simplifiez vous Postfix : http://postfixwinadmin.jwhosting.eu

Re: full email login

kmnair
On 10/9/07, Julien Wadin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> kmnair a écrit :
> > On 10/9/07, c o <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all, what do I need to do so that a user only has to put their username in to the login box and not the full email. [hidden email] and password cut down to user and password.
> >>
> >> Cheers :)
> >>

> > Please see the main.inc.php file in the config folder.
> >

> > // Automatically add this domain to user names for login
> > // Only for IMAP servers that require full e-mail addresses for login
> > // Specify an array with 'host' => 'domain' values to support multiple hosts
> > $rcmail_config['username_domain'] = 'yourdomain.com';
> >

> You can also change the login template, so that "@domain.com" is written
> near the textbox
>
> --
> Wadin Julien
> Tel : +32 (0) 475 632 168
> Web : http://blog.julienwadin.be/
>
> Simplifiez vous Postfix : http://postfixwinadmin.jwhosting.eu

Hello,

Yes, I have already implemented it in my domain. Please see

webmail.kau.in

kmn

Re: full email login

Julien Wadin
kmnair a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I have already implemented it in my domain. Please see
>
> webmail.kau.in
>
> kmn

Hi,
I saw you've a separate change-passwd form. If you want, I've written a
patch to have this built in RC, in Preferences tabs
Just see :
http://blog.julienwadin.be/index.php/2007/05/26/72-modification-du-password-email-dans-roundcube

--
Wadin Julien
Tel : +32 (0) 475 632 168
Web : http://blog.julienwadin.be/

Simplifiez vous Postfix : http://postfixwinadmin.jwhosting.eu

Re: full email login

kmnair
On 10/9/07, Julien Wadin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> kmnair a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > Yes, I have already implemented it in my domain. Please see
> >
> > webmail.kau.in
> >
> > kmn
> >
> Hi,
> I saw you've a separate change-passwd form. If you want, I've written a
> patch to have this built in RC, in Preferences tabs
> Just see :
> http://blog.julienwadin.be/index.php/2007/05/26/72-modification-du-password-email-dans-roundcube
>
> --
> Wadin Julien
> Tel : +32 (0) 475 632 168
> Web : http://blog.julienwadin.be/

Thanks Julien. That seems to be a fantastic work.

But I am running this on a rented shared server. It runs on HSphere
control panel. So I am afraid I may not be abale to use your mod.

I have disabled the identitities tab altogether in my implementation,
since RC allows a user to set up "unverified" identities. Since I run
a institutional mail system, I cannot take chances of spurious IDs
within the system.

Do you have some mod for creating "cross verified" identities, as Gmail does?

Another problem with RC is that if a user deletes his "lone" identity,
he will be unable to send mails. I had listed this in the trac (Ticket
#1484494) as a serious bug, but it has not yet been accepted for
debugging.

Regards

kmn