getting 500 - internal server error after creating filter

getting 500 - internal server error after creating filter

Marchello
Hi all,

[sorry, forgot to include attachments in my previous message, fixed now]

I'm trying to use roundcube and it is critical for me to have filtering
rules. I am using squirrelmail and it has filters, but the UI is not
mobile-friendly. Roundcube has mobile-friendly themes, so I would like to
use it. But when I installed filters and created one test filter, it
started to show 500 - internal server error. When I delete filter, it
works fine again. I will put all needed technical details here.

Roundcube Webmail 1.1.4
additional_message_headers   1.2.0   GPLv2
archive   2.3   GPLv3+
Attachment Reminder   1.1   GPLv3+
filesystem_attachments   1.0   GPLv3+
filters   2.1.4   GNU GPLv3+
hide_block   1.0   GPLv3+
identity_select   1.0   GPLv3+
jqueryui   1.10.4   GPLv3+
markasjunk   1.2   GPLv3+
mobile   0.4.5   GPL-3.0+
newmail_notifier   0.7   GPLv3+
new_user_dialog   2.1   GPLv3+
new_user_identity   1.1   GPLv3+
show_additional_headers   2.0   GPLv3+
squirrelmail_usercopy   1.4   GPLv3+
userinfo   1.0   GPLv3+
vcard_attachments   3.2   GPLv3+
zipdownload   3.0   GPLv3+

$ apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
Server built:   Apr  3 2019 18:04:25

$ php -v
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.29 (cli) (built: Apr 22 2019 18:33:52)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies

$ mysql -V
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.62, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
readline 6.3

attachments:
error screenshot (it doesn't want to display my inbox messages after
filter is created)
filter example (very simple as for me)

Please let me know what else do you need to advise.

Asked also on https://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,28592.0.html
previously, but no answer so far.

Best,
Marchello

filter.png (67K) Download Attachment
error.png (77K) Download Attachment

Re: getting 500 - internal server error after creating filter

Marchello
Update: opened github issue: https://github.com/6ec123321/filters/issues/50

Marchello wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> [sorry, forgot to include attachments in my previous message, fixed now]
>
> I'm trying to use roundcube and it is critical for me to have filtering
> rules. I am using squirrelmail and it has filters, but the UI is not
> mobile-friendly. Roundcube has mobile-friendly themes, so I would like to
> use it. But when I installed filters and created one test filter, it
> started to show 500 - internal server error. When I delete filter, it
> works fine again. I will put all needed technical details here.
>

> Roundcube Webmail 1.1.4
> additional_message_headers   1.2.0   GPLv2
> archive   2.3   GPLv3+
> Attachment Reminder   1.1   GPLv3+
> filesystem_attachments   1.0   GPLv3+
> filters   2.1.4   GNU GPLv3+
> hide_block   1.0   GPLv3+
> identity_select   1.0   GPLv3+
> jqueryui   1.10.4   GPLv3+
> markasjunk   1.2   GPLv3+
> mobile   0.4.5   GPL-3.0+
> newmail_notifier   0.7   GPLv3+
> new_user_dialog   2.1   GPLv3+
> new_user_identity   1.1   GPLv3+
> show_additional_headers   2.0   GPLv3+
> squirrelmail_usercopy   1.4   GPLv3+
> userinfo   1.0   GPLv3+
> vcard_attachments   3.2   GPLv3+
> zipdownload   3.0   GPLv3+
>
> $ apache2 -v
> Server version: Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
> Server built:   Apr  3 2019 18:04:25
>
> $ php -v
> PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.29 (cli) (built: Apr 22 2019 18:33:52)
> Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
> Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
>     with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend
> Technologies
>
> $ mysql -V
> mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.62, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
> readline 6.3
>
> attachments:
> error screenshot (it doesn't want to display my inbox messages after
> filter is created)
> filter example (very simple as for me)
>
> Please let me know what else do you need to advise.
>
> Asked also on https://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,28592.0.html
> previously, but no answer so far.

Re: getting 500 - internal server error after creating filter

Benny Pedersen-4
Marchello skrev den 2019-11-02 11:43:
> Update: opened github issue:
> https://github.com/6ec123321/filters/issues/50

php is very old

roundcube is very old

upgrade

Re: getting 500 - internal server error after creating filter

@lbutlr
On 31 Oct 2019, at 10:11, Marchello <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Roundcube Webmail 1.1.4

That is several years out of date.

> $ php -v
> PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.29 (cli) (built: Apr 22 2019 18:33:52)

You should have gotten lots of warnings (in fact, it should have failed) when you built php5 in April, months after php5 had been marked End Of Life

No one should be running php5 on a machine accessible outside a LAN, and probably not on one inside a LAN either without very specific reasons.

Update to PHP72 and Roundcube 1.3.

--
Love is like oxygen / You get too much / you get too high / Not enough
and you're gonna die

Re: getting 500 - internal server error after creating filter

Marchello
Hi,
Fixed after upgrade to newest php and roundcube versions.
Thanks to all.

Best,

--
Marchello.