how to forward roundcube email

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

how to forward roundcube email

Dave Stevens
I have roundcube 1.4.1 installed and don't know how to forward incoming
mail while leaving a copy on the server. I found instructions here:

https://www.ece.ucsb.edu/resources/services/itsg/forward.html

which looks ok and I understand filters in a general sense but there is
no bottom left hand + sign to click on, so that process grinds to a
halt pretty quickly. Can anyone please refer me to working
instructions for this version?

TIA,

Dave
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

Dave Nelson (dave@dalek.zone)
Look at the Roundcube managesieve plugin. It works with dovecot and
sieve. I'm just trying to figure out how to configure it myself.

All the best,

Dave

On 2020-01-10 19:14, Dave Stevens wrote:

> I have roundcube 1.4.1 installed and don't know how to forward incoming
> mail while leaving a copy on the server. I found instructions here:
>
> https://www.ece.ucsb.edu/resources/services/itsg/forward.html
>
> which looks ok and I understand filters in a general sense but there is
> no bottom left hand + sign to click on, so that process grinds to a
> halt pretty quickly. Can anyone please refer me to working
> instructions for this version?
>
> TIA,
>
> Dave
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

0xA4FB3059.asc (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

Dave Nelson (dave@dalek.zone)
This will help you:
https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve

All the best,

Dave

On 2020-01-11 02:03, Dave Nelson ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Look at the Roundcube managesieve plugin. It works with dovecot and
> sieve. I'm just trying to figure out how to configure it myself.
>
> All the best,
>
> Dave
>
> On 2020-01-10 19:14, Dave Stevens wrote:
>> I have roundcube 1.4.1 installed and don't know how to forward
>> incoming
>> mail while leaving a copy on the server. I found instructions here:
>>
>> https://www.ece.ucsb.edu/resources/services/itsg/forward.html
>>
>> which looks ok and I understand filters in a general sense but there
>> is
>> no bottom left hand + sign to click on, so that process grinds to a
>> halt pretty quickly. Can anyone please refer me to working
>> instructions for this version?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Dave
>> _______________________________________________
>> Roundcube Users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

0xA4FB3059.asc (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

@lbutlr
On 10 Jan 2020, at 17:17, Dave Nelson ([hidden email]) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This will help you:
> https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve

I’ve looked into setting this up before in RC, but I must be missing something as all I get on the Filters settings in Roundcube is “Unable to Connect to server” which I assume is the manage sieve port 4190, bit I don’t see anything that would explain why.

It hasn’t been a big deal as non of my users are interested in filtering, but I would like to get it working anyway as I do sometimes use the webmail myself and it would be nice to integrate my existing sieve rules (in $HOME/.active_sieve)

$config['plugins'] = array(
 'archive’, 'emoticons', 'help', 'hide_blockquote', 'identity_select', 'markasjunk', 'logon_page', 'logout_redirect', 'message_highlight', 'dovecot_ident', 'listcommands', 'managesieve', 'keyboard_shortcuts', 'customizr',
);

Manage sieve’s config is the default settings, which indicates the right port will be used and localhost is the default (which fits my setup).


--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, but where is a fish?”
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

Dave Nelson (dave@dalek.zone)
Do you have root access via SSH to the server?

If so, try entering the command

telnet 0 4190

to see if the sieve server is responding.


On 2020-01-12 09:46, @lbutlr wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2020, at 17:17, Dave Nelson ([hidden email])
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This will help you:
>> https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve
>
> I’ve looked into setting this up before in RC, but I must be missing
> something as all I get on the Filters settings in Roundcube is “Unable
> to Connect to server” which I assume is the manage sieve port 4190,
> bit I don’t see anything that would explain why.
>
> It hasn’t been a big deal as non of my users are interested in
> filtering, but I would like to get it working anyway as I do sometimes
> use the webmail myself and it would be nice to integrate my existing
> sieve rules (in $HOME/.active_sieve)
>
> $config['plugins'] = array(
>  'archive’, 'emoticons', 'help', 'hide_blockquote', 'identity_select',
> 'markasjunk', 'logon_page', 'logout_redirect', 'message_highlight',
> 'dovecot_ident', 'listcommands', 'managesieve', 'keyboard_shortcuts',
> 'customizr',
> );
>
> Manage sieve’s config is the default settings, which indicates the
> right port will be used and localhost is the default (which fits my
> setup).
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

0xA4FB3059.asc (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

Frederick Zhang
I recently encountered a configuration issue [1] which might be related
if you've enabled STARTTLS/implicit TLS for your Sieve service.

[1] https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/7127

On 12/1/20 7:13 pm, Dave Nelson ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Do you have root access via SSH to the server?
>
> If so, try entering the command
>
> telnet 0 4190
>
> to see if the sieve server is responding.
>
>
> On 2020-01-12 09:46, @lbutlr wrote:
>> On 10 Jan 2020, at 17:17, Dave Nelson ([hidden email])
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This will help you:
>>> https://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve
>>>
>>
>> I’ve looked into setting this up before in RC, but I must be missing
>> something as all I get on the Filters settings in Roundcube is “Unable
>> to Connect to server” which I assume is the manage sieve port 4190,
>> bit I don’t see anything that would explain why.
>>
>> It hasn’t been a big deal as non of my users are interested in
>> filtering, but I would like to get it working anyway as I do sometimes
>> use the webmail myself and it would be nice to integrate my existing
>> sieve rules (in $HOME/.active_sieve)
>>
>> $config['plugins'] = array(
>>  'archive’, 'emoticons', 'help', 'hide_blockquote', 'identity_select',
>> 'markasjunk', 'logon_page', 'logout_redirect', 'message_highlight',
>> 'dovecot_ident', 'listcommands', 'managesieve', 'keyboard_shortcuts',
>> 'customizr',
>> );
>>
>> Manage sieve’s config is the default settings, which indicates the
>> right port will be used and localhost is the default (which fits my
>> setup).
>
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
>
--
Best Regards,
Frederick Zhang

Email:      [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

@lbutlr
In reply to this post by Dave Nelson (dave@dalek.zone)
On 12 Jan 2020, at 01:13, Dave Nelson ([hidden email]) <[hidden email]> wrote:
> to see if the sieve server is responding.

It is not, but I don’t know why. I must have (stupidly) missed some crucial step.

In doveconf -n I have:

service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}

And I have restarted dovecot.


--
For more than a thousand generations the Jedi were the guardians of
        peace and justice in the galaxy. Before the dark times. Before
        the Empire.
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

Dave Nelson (dave@dalek.zone)
It's more difficult to know how to advise you without knowing your Linux
distribution and version. Is everything running on the same server? Have
you tried watching the dovecot.log and syslog logs when you restart
dovecot?

On Ubuntu 18.04 open a terminal session and enter:

tail -fn100 /var/log/dovecot.log

then open another terminal session and enter:

tail -fn100 /var/log/syslog

then restart dovecot and look for any tell-tale messages.

On 2020-01-12 12:33, @lbutlr wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2020, at 01:13, Dave Nelson ([hidden email])
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> to see if the sieve server is responding.
>
> It is not, but I don’t know why. I must have (stupidly) missed some
> crucial step.
>
> In doveconf -n I have:
>
> service managesieve-login {
>   inet_listener sieve {
>     port = 4190
>   }
> }
>
> And I have restarted dovecot.
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

0xA4FB3059.asc (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

Frederick Zhang
In reply to this post by @lbutlr
Have you got 'sieve' protocol in 'doveconf -a | grep ^protocols'?

On 12/1/20 9:33 pm, @lbutlr wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2020, at 01:13, Dave Nelson ([hidden email]) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> to see if the sieve server is responding.
>
> It is not, but I don’t know why. I must have (stupidly) missed some crucial step.
>
> In doveconf -n I have:
>
> service managesieve-login {
>   inet_listener sieve {
>     port = 4190
>   }
> }
>
> And I have restarted dovecot.
>
>
--
Best Regards,
Frederick Zhang

Email:      [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: how to forward roundcube email

@lbutlr

On 12 Jan 2020, at 03:50, Frederick Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Have you got 'sieve' protocol in 'doveconf -a | grep ^protocols’?

Nope. This is what I have in dovecot -n (and as I mentioned, I have sieve working in dovecot via .active_sieve and also the default sieve which pits junk mail in the Junk/ maildir.

# 2.3.9.2 (cf2918cac): /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.9 (db4e9a2f)
# OS: FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE-p3 i386  
# Hostname: mail.covisp.net
auth_failure_delay = 5 secs
auth_mechanisms = PLAIN LOGIN
default_client_limit = 4096
default_process_limit = 1024
default_vsz_limit = 768 M
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_uid = 89
imap_id_log = *
lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
login_log_format_elements = user=<%u> %r %m %c
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
mail_max_userip_connections = 90
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = editheader fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
namespace inbox {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  mailbox Archive {
    auto = subscribe
    special_use = \Archive
  }
  mailbox Drafts {
    special_use = \Drafts
  }
  mailbox Junk {
    auto = subscribe
    autoexpunge = 2 weeks
    special_use = \Junk
  }
  mailbox Sent {
    special_use = \Sent
  }
  mailbox Trash {
    autoexpunge = 31 days
    special_use = \Trash
  }
  prefix =
}
passdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  imapsieve_mailbox1_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/report-spam.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox1_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox1_name = Junk
  imapsieve_mailbox2_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/report-ham.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox2_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox2_from = Junk
  imapsieve_mailbox2_name = *
  imapsieve_mailbox3_before = file:/usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/mark-read.sieve
  imapsieve_mailbox3_causes = COPY
  imapsieve_mailbox3_name = Archive
  quota_rule2 = .EXPUNGED:ignore
  sieve = file:~/.sieve;active=~/.active_sieve
  sieve_default = /usr/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
  sieve_default_name = spamassassin
  sieve_duplicate_default_period = 1h
  sieve_duplicate_max_period = 12d
  sieve_extensions = +editheader
  sieve_global_extensions = +vnd.dovecot.pipe +vnd.dovecot.environment
  sieve_pipe_bin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/sieve
  sieve_plugins = sieve_imapsieve sieve_extprograms
  sieve_trace_dir = ~/.trace
  sieve_trace_level = matching
  sieve_user_log = ~/sieve.log
}
service auth {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }
}
service lmtp {
  unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0600
    user = postfix
  }
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}
service pop3-login {
  inet_listener pop3 {
    port = 0
  }
  inet_listener pop3s {
    port = 995
    ssl = yes
  }
}
service stats {
  unix_listener stats-reader {
    group = dovecot
    mode = 0666
    user =
  }
  unix_listener stats-writer {
    group = dovecot
    mode = 0666
    user =
  }
}
ssl_cert = </usr/local/etc/blahblah.pem
ssl_dh = # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_key = # hidden, use -P to show it
ssl_min_protocol = TLSv1.1
userdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot/sql.conf
  default_fields = uid=vpopmail gid=vchkpw mail_location=maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%u/Maildir mail=maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%u/Maildir
  driver = sql
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = " imap_sieve"
}
protocol lmtp {
  info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lmtp.log
  lmtp_save_to_detail_mailbox = yes
  mail_plugins = quota sieve
  postmaster_address = [hidden email]
  recipient_delimiter = +_
}



--
LOOSE TEETH DON'T NEED MY HELP Bart chalkboard Ep. AABF16
_______________________________________________
Roundcube Users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users