import contacts from a different webmail system on first login

import contacts from a different webmail system on first login

Gerardo Contreras

Hello.

We have about 300 users. We had been using openwebmail before moving to Roundcube. We have begun the migration to roundcube slowly (this while 1.4 was in beta still). Now that 1.4 is final we want to force all users to migrate. One minor inconvenience for the users is that they will have to migrate their contacts (stored as vcards in a text file) from openwebmail to roundcube.

Is there a way to write a hook or script so that when a new user is created it seeks and pulls all contacts from the old system? The old system's contacts exist under different names on a specific directory. (~user/.openwebmail/webaddr)

I have been considering writing a perl script to do it on a per user basis but the user must already exist in the database and I don't yet know the meaning of some of the rows, like changed, words and del. Also, is contact_id an autoincremented index?

Thank you.

Gerardo Contreras
Universidad del Papaloapan
Oaxaca, Mexico

Re: import contacts from a different webmail system on first login

A.L.E.C
On 11/27/19 1:46 AM, Gerardo Contreras wrote:
> Is there a way to write a hook or script so that when a new user is created it seeks and
> pulls all contacts from the old system? The old system's contacts exist under different
> names on a specific directory. (~user/.openwebmail/webaddr)

Take a look at squirrelmail_usercopy plugin.

Re: import contacts from a different webmail system on first login

@lbutlr
On 26 Nov 2019, at 23:50, A.L.E.C <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 11/27/19 1:46 AM, Gerardo Contreras wrote:
>> Is there a way to write a hook or script so that when a new user is created it seeks and
>> pulls all contacts from the old system? The old system's contacts exist under different
>> names on a specific directory. (~user/.openwebmail/webaddr)
>
> Take a look at squirrelmail_usercopy plugin.

Hasn’t squirreltail died with no updates or support for a decade or so?

Or is the plugin not actually squirreltail related?

--
Because you liked "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" may we suggest "The
        Human Centipede”?