managesieve plugin

mick crane
hello,
I have roundcube dovecot installation for one user, me, on debian
jessie.
I try to use the managesieve plugin
installed dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieved with apt and activated
roundcube plugin.
there is a file  ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve which has rules in it and
there are no complaints in the webpage of roundcube but messages are not
moved to folders.
Can somebody point me to a resource explaining what to put in dovecot
configuration files to make it work ?

cheers

mick

--
Key ID 4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

Roberto Puzzanghera
Il 2017-10-31 12:14 mick crane ha scritto:

> hello,
> I have roundcube dovecot installation for one user, me, on debian
> jessie.
> I try to use the managesieve plugin
> installed dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieved with apt and
> activated roundcube plugin.
> there is a file  ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve which has rules in it and
> there are no complaints in the webpage of roundcube but messages are
> not moved to folders.
> Can somebody point me to a resource explaining what to put in dovecot
> configuration files to make it work ?
>
> cheers
>
> mick

have a look here

http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/sieve-interpreter-dovecot-managesieve-31.html
http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve

regards
Roberto

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2017-10-31 12:33, Roberto Puzzanghera wrote:

> Il 2017-10-31 12:14 mick crane ha scritto:
>> hello,
>> I have roundcube dovecot installation for one user, me, on debian
>> jessie.
>> I try to use the managesieve plugin
>> installed dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieved with apt and
>> activated roundcube plugin.
>> there is a file  ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve which has rules in it and
>> there are no complaints in the webpage of roundcube but messages are
>> not moved to folders.
>> Can somebody point me to a resource explaining what to put in dovecot
>> configuration files to make it work ?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> mick
>
> have a look here
>
> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/sieve-interpreter-dovecot-managesieve-31.html
> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve
>
> regards
> Roberto

thank you

--
Key ID 4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2017-10-31 12:33, Roberto Puzzanghera wrote:

> Il 2017-10-31 12:14 mick crane ha scritto:
>> hello,
>> I have roundcube dovecot installation for one user, me, on debian
>> jessie.
>> I try to use the managesieve plugin
>> installed dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieved with apt and
>> activated roundcube plugin.
>> there is a file  ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve which has rules in it and
>> there are no complaints in the webpage of roundcube but messages are
>> not moved to folders.
>> Can somebody point me to a resource explaining what to put in dovecot
>> configuration files to make it work ?
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> mick
>
> have a look here
>
> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/sieve-interpreter-dovecot-managesieve-31.html
> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve
>
> regards
> Roberto

I dunno, I think I did everything
telnet to serverIP 4190 says

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress
comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include
variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave"
"NOTIFY" "mailto"
"SASL" ""
"STARTTLS"
"VERSION" "1.0"
OK "Dovecot ready."

and the plugin is writing rules to ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve

are there any other tests I can do ?
It will be something daft as I don't do this very often.

cheers

mick

--
Key ID 4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2017-10-31 18:20, mick crane wrote:

> On 2017-10-31 12:33, Roberto Puzzanghera wrote:
>> Il 2017-10-31 12:14 mick crane ha scritto:
>>> hello,
>>> I have roundcube dovecot installation for one user, me, on debian
>>> jessie.
>>> I try to use the managesieve plugin
>>> installed dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieved with apt and
>>> activated roundcube plugin.
>>> there is a file  ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve which has rules in it and
>>> there are no complaints in the webpage of roundcube but messages are
>>> not moved to folders.
>>> Can somebody point me to a resource explaining what to put in dovecot
>>> configuration files to make it work ?
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> mick
>>
>> have a look here
>>
>> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/sieve-interpreter-dovecot-managesieve-31.html
>> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve
>>
>> regards
>> Roberto
>
> I dunno, I think I did everything
> telnet to serverIP 4190 says
>
> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation
> subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy
> include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave"
> "NOTIFY" "mailto"
> "SASL" ""
> "STARTTLS"
> "VERSION" "1.0"
> OK "Dovecot ready."
>
> and the plugin is writing rules to ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve
>
> are there any other tests I can do ?
> It will be something daft as I don't do this very often.
>
> cheers
>
> mick

I'm collecting mail with a separate fetchmail daemon do I need to tell
that anything like with procmail ?

--
Key ID 4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

Roberto Puzzanghera
Il 2017-10-31 20:37 mick crane ha scritto:

> On 2017-10-31 18:20, mick crane wrote:

>>> have a look here
>>>
>>> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/sieve-interpreter-dovecot-managesieve-31.html
>>> http://notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/roundcube-plugins-35.html#sieve
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Roberto
>>
>> I dunno, I think I did everything
>> telnet to serverIP 4190 says
>>
>> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
>> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation
>> subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy
>> include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave"
>> "NOTIFY" "mailto"
>> "SASL" ""
>> "STARTTLS"
>> "VERSION" "1.0"
>> OK "Dovecot ready."
>>
>> and the plugin is writing rules to ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve
>>
>> are there any other tests I can do ?
>> It will be something daft as I don't do this very often.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> mick
>
> I'm collecting mail with a separate fetchmail daemon do I need to tell
> that anything like with procmail ?

I'm not familiar with fetchmail, by the way in order to have sieve
working you have to use dovecot as your delivery agent...

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2017-11-01 09:27, Roberto Puzzanghera wrote:

> Il 2017-10-31 20:37 mick crane ha scritto:

>>> I dunno, I think I did everything
>>> telnet to serverIP 4190 says
>>>
>>> "IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot Pigeonhole"
>>> "SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation
>>> subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags
>>> copy
>>> include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave"
>>> "NOTIFY" "mailto"
>>> "SASL" ""
>>> "STARTTLS"
>>> "VERSION" "1.0"
>>> OK "Dovecot ready."
>>>
>>> and the plugin is writing rules to ~/sieve/managesieve.sieve
>>>
>>> are there any other tests I can do ?
>>> It will be something daft as I don't do this very often.
>>>
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> mick
>>
>> I'm collecting mail with a separate fetchmail daemon do I need to tell
>> that anything like with procmail ?
>
> I'm not familiar with fetchmail, by the way in order to have sieve
> working you have to use dovecot as your delivery agent...

I used to have a line in ~/.fetchmailrc

mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F -d %T";

and in .procmailrc
DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
and rules

with that line commented out in .fetchmailrc I only need to tell
fetchmail who to get mail for and it just works with dovecot putting
mail in ~/Maildir

does there need to be some sort of tag put in the message file by
fetchmail for dovecot sieve to sort it and the plugin to work ?

mick

--
Key ID 4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane

> I'm not familiar with fetchmail, by the way in order to have sieve
> working you have to use dovecot as your delivery agent...

for some reason
"mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve"
was not there in 15-lda.conf
maybe I didn't save the file.