managesieve plugin

mick crane
hello,
having some bother getting managesieve plugin to work.
worked with previous install of roundcube, was called managesieve in
webpage settings/filters
now is called roundcube.
Is writing filter rules to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve but emails are not
moved.
is Roundcube Webmail 1.3.5. Debian testing.  dovecot --version 2.2.35
(b1cb664)

is just for local network.
I don't know what is the problem. Probably something dumb.

did these things from various destructions on internet

> apt-get install dovecot-sieve dovecot-managesieved
---

> in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-lmtp.conf we add this:
> protocol lmtp {
> postmaster_address = [hidden email]
> mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
> }

(didn't have 20-lmtp.conf but installed it just in case that was the
problem)
apt install dovecot-lmtpd

----
> edit /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf and inside “plugin”
> configuration add:
> sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
> sieve_global_path = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
> sieve_dir = ~/sieve
> sieve_global_dir = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/

(left this bit alone as
sieve = file:~/sieve;active=~/.dovecot.sieve
was already there, there is a link in ~/ to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve)

----

> edit /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-managesieve.conf for enable listing on port
> 4190, >this should be >the top of config file:
> ##
> ## ManageSieve specific settings
> ##
>
> protocols = $protocols sieve
>
> # Service definitions
>
> service managesieve-login {
> inet_listener sieve {
> port = 4190
>               }
(can't remember if this was there or not but is now )

----
----

> If you try to telnet 4190 it should answer as follow
>
> root@server:/# telnet 127.0.0.1 4190

( this works get

# telnet 127.0.0.1 4190                                 Trying
127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Dovecot (Debian) Pigeonhole"
"SIEVE" "fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress
comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include
variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
mime foreverypart extracttext"
"NOTIFY" "mailto"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"STARTTLS"
"VERSION" "1.0"
OK "Dovecot ready." )

----

> Activate the plugin in roundcube config file
> roundcube_folder/config/config.inc.php:
> $rcmail_config['plugins'] = array(......, 'sieverules');

don't have sieverules plugin have managesieve
and is $config['plugins'] not rcmail_config
----------
# telnet 127.0.0.1 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE START                        TLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2018-04-01 19:36, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 01.04.2018 um 19:59 schrieb mick crane:
>> having some bother getting managesieve plugin to work.
>> worked with previous install of roundcube, was called managesieve in
>> webpage settings/filters
>> now is called roundcube.
>> Is writing filter rules to ~/sieve/roundcube.sieve but emails are not
>> moved.
>> is Roundcube Webmail 1.3.5. Debian testing.  dovecot --version 2.2.35
>> (b1cb664)
>
> are you aware that sievie normally is a *network service* as you even
> quoted here and hence normally you don't spit files from a website
> around to configure your mailserver:

yes well, it is just for me, there is no school near here for this stuff
so rely on things like the dovecot wiki pages to set up.

> ________________
>
> edit /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-managesieve.conf for enable listing on port
> 4190, >this should be >the top of config file:
> ##
> ## ManageSieve specific settings
> ##
>
> protocols = $protocols sieve
>
> # Service definitions
>
> service managesieve-login {
> inet_listener sieve {
> port = 4190
>               }

this is there at the top.

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2018-04-01 20:02, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 01.04.2018 um 20:57 schrieb mick crane:
>>>
>>> are you aware that sievie normally is a *network service* as you even
>>> quoted here and hence normally you don't spit files from a website
>>> around to configure your mailserver:
>>
>> yes well, it is just for me, there is no school near here for this
>> stuff
>> so rely on things like the dovecot wiki pages to set up.
>
> you didn't get it
>
> https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5804
>
> you don't create local files from the client - you speak over TCP

last time I think I installed pigeonhole and it *just worked* can't find
pigeonhole anymore in debian repository is
dovecot-sieve and dovecot-managesieve

> https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-set-up-server-side-email-filtering-with-dovecot-sieve-and-roundcube-on-a-centos-6-vps/
>
> copy the default configuration file and set the following:
>
> ## cp config.inc.php.dist config.inc.php
> ## vim config.inc.php
> $rcmail_config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;

before that it says
edit Roundcube’s main configuration file and set the following:

## vim +/PLUGINS config/main.inc.php
$rcmail_config['plugins'] = array('managesieve');

I don't have main.inc.php I guess that is roundcubemail/config.inc.php.

> $rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] =
> '/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve';

I don't have /etc/dovecot/sieve

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
On 2018-04-01 21:21, Reindl Harald wrote:

> breaking news: paths may differ and files can be created
>
> since i don't use dovecot at all nor offer sieve to the public i'm done
> here, the point was that sieve is a service/protocol on the mailserver
> and not just random files in the webmail installation - normally you
> don't even run any webserver on the mail machine at all

clearly but this is not facing the big bad world.
thanks for your efforts.
all I want to do is put mail in folders. did it before with procmail
if I can't sort this shortly will try some other way.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: managesieve plugin

mick crane
hello,
after uninstalling dovecot-lmtpd and reinstalling dovecot-sieve,
dovecot-managesieved
seems that all I really needed to add was
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
}
in 15-lda.conf