master password

Luciano Gabriel Andino
Hi there :) Is there any wait to login in user's email account, like a master password. Perhaps manually edit some file. Mainteinance pourporses.

thanks :)

--
Saludos!!

Luciano Andino
GNU/Linux user #185103
Santa Fe - Argentina

Re: master password

Reindl Harald-2

Am 21.10.2012 20:00, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:
> Hi there :) Is there any wait to login in user's email account, like a master password. Perhaps manually edit some
> file. Mainteinance pourporses.

you need to understand that roundcube is nothing more than
a mail-client like thunderbird, outlook and all the others

so can you login into any users account with them?
no you can't

BTW:
who do you think you are to login in other uasers account?
if you would be permitted you would have the login-data

Re: master password

Luciano Gabriel Andino

2012/10/21 Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>

Am 21.10.2012 20:00, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:
> Hi there :) Is there any wait to login in user's email account, like a master password. Perhaps manually edit some
> file. Mainteinance pourporses.

you need to understand that roundcube is nothing more than
a mail-client like thunderbird, outlook and all the others

so can you login into any users account with them?
no you can't

BTW:
who do you think you are to login in other uasers account?
if you would be permitted you would have the login-data

I want to select those spam to train bogofilter in each account, don't know how to do it automaticaly for all. Of course I can read emails in plain text but it's not good for my pourpouse.

Luciano

Saludos!!

Luciano Andino
GNU/Linux user #185103
Santa Fe - Argentina

Re: master password

Reindl Harald-2

Am 21.10.2012 20:32, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:

> 2012/10/21 Reindl Harald <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>     Am 21.10.2012 20:00, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:
>     > Hi there :) Is there any wait to login in user's email account, like a master password. Perhaps manually edit
>     some
>     > file. Mainteinance pourporses.
>
>     you need to understand that roundcube is nothing more than
>     a mail-client like thunderbird, outlook and all the others
>
>     so can you login into any users account with them?
>     no you can't
>
>     BTW:
>     who do you think you are to login in other uasers account?
>     if you would be permitted you would have the login-data
>
> I want to select those spam to train bogofilter in each account, don't know how to do it automaticaly for all. Of
> course I can read emails in plain text but it's not good for my pourpouse.
you have not to access your users mailboxes
for no reason, you are simply NOT permitted!
_____________

the question for a master-password in context of a mail-client
proves furthermore that you do not understand how e-mail works
and so you are not qualified to maintain a server

for two reasons:

 * no technical knowledge
 * no understanding of privacy

Re: master password

Luciano Gabriel Andino

2012/10/21 Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>

Am 21.10.2012 20:32, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:

> 2012/10/21 Reindl Harald <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>     Am 21.10.2012 20:00, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:
>     > Hi there :) Is there any wait to login in user's email account, like a master password. Perhaps manually edit
>     some
>     > file. Mainteinance pourporses.
>
>     you need to understand that roundcube is nothing more than
>     a mail-client like thunderbird, outlook and all the others
>
>     so can you login into any users account with them?
>     no you can't
>
>     BTW:
>     who do you think you are to login in other uasers account?
>     if you would be permitted you would have the login-data
>
> I want to select those spam to train bogofilter in each account, don't know how to do it automaticaly for all. Of
> course I can read emails in plain text but it's not good for my pourpouse.

you have not to access your users mailboxes
for no reason, you are simply NOT permitted!
_____________

the question for a master-password in context of a mail-client
proves furthermore that you do not understand how e-mail works
and so you are not qualified to maintain a server

for two reasons:

 * no technical knowledge
 * no understanding of privacy

Here corporate email is company's (depends on country) and of course I don't have enough technical knowledge so I told what I want to do (user's specific spam treatment).

Saludos!!

Luciano Andino
GNU/Linux user #185103
Santa Fe - Argentina

Re: master password

Luciano Gabriel Andino

2012/10/21 Luciano Gabriel Andino <[hidden email]>

2012/10/21 Reindl Harald <[hidden email]>

Am 21.10.2012 20:32, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:

> 2012/10/21 Reindl Harald <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>

>     Am 21.10.2012 20:00, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:
>     > Hi there :) Is there any wait to login in user's email account, like a master password. Perhaps manually edit
>     some
>     > file. Mainteinance pourporses.
>
>     you need to understand that roundcube is nothing more than
>     a mail-client like thunderbird, outlook and all the others
>
>     so can you login into any users account with them?
>     no you can't
>
>     BTW:
>     who do you think you are to login in other uasers account?
>     if you would be permitted you would have the login-data
>
> I want to select those spam to train bogofilter in each account, don't know how to do it automaticaly for all. Of
> course I can read emails in plain text but it's not good for my pourpouse.

you have not to access your users mailboxes
for no reason, you are simply NOT permitted!
_____________

the question for a master-password in context of a mail-client
proves furthermore that you do not understand how e-mail works
and so you are not qualified to maintain a server

for two reasons:

 * no technical knowledge
 * no understanding of privacy

Here corporate email is company's (depends on country) and of course I don't have enough technical knowledge so I told what I want to do (user's specific spam treatment).

Accounts=are like "sells, customerservice, technicalsupport", no one is liked to particular people.

Saludos!!

Luciano Andino
GNU/Linux user #185103
Santa Fe - Argentina

Saludos!!

Luciano Andino
GNU/Linux user #185103
Santa Fe - Argentina

Re: master password

Reindl Harald-2

Am 21.10.2012 21:08, schrieb Luciano Gabriel Andino:

>     > I want to select those spam to train bogofilter in each account, don't know how to do it automaticaly for all. Of
>     > course I can read emails in plain text but it's not good for my pourpouse.
>
>     you have not to access your users mailboxes
>     for no reason, you are simply NOT permitted!
>     _____________
>
>     the question for a master-password in context of a mail-client
>     proves furthermore that you do not understand how e-mail works
>     and so you are not qualified to maintain a server
>
>     for two reasons:
>
>      * no technical knowledge
>      * no understanding of privacy
>
> Here corporate email is company's (depends on country)
this is questionable

> and of course I don't have enough technical knowledge so I
> told what I want to do (user's specific spam treatment)

if you would be permitted you would have the login-data

and again: it is technically impossible to have a master password
in roundcube because it is a webmail and has (thanks god) to use
the same autentication as any other client

you need not much technical knowledge to understand that roundcube
is a ordinary IMAP client, usually not sitting on the mailserver
(even if it is the same machine - no difference) and so it has the
same capabilities as any other

Re: master password

Daniel Rauer-2
Hi.

> Here corporate email is company's (depends on country) and of course
> I don't have enough technical knowledge so I told what I want to do
> (user's specific spam treatment).

So why is it on you to take care for a technical problem like spam
handling? Talk to the administrators of the mailserver(s) to find a
solution for the spam problem on server side.
And some people will have access to these mailboxes, why do they not
mark spam by themselves?
If this is not sufficient a spam/ham learning system on users side could
be established, so authorized users could mark spam for themselves.
But all these topics are nothing that is related to roundcube, which is
(as already stated many times before) just an IMAP client on the web.

> Accounts=are like "sells, customerservice, technicalsupport", no one is
> liked to particular people.

Does not matter. If you were authorized to open these mailboxes you
would have gotten or easily get the credentials from the appropriate
authorities. If I want someone else to handle spam in one of my
mailboxes (which I do not!) I would grant him the access, so easy.

Bye, Daniel

Re: master password

Cor Bosman
Your imap server needs to support impersonation. Dovecot does this, maybe others as well.

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers

Cor

Re: master password

Noel Butler
On Sun, 2012-10-21 at 21:18 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Here corporate email is company's (depends on country)

this is questionable

Actually he is right, it depends on where you are, even in Australia, corporate email is company property, managers (and entrusted sys admins) have the right to inspect an employees staff mail account at any time without a reason, on company equipment.

Hell, even if employees uses personal MSN at work (ok, shouldn't, but we all know many do) it is companies legal right to inspect/read logs - any and all data contained on company hardware, be it desktops or laptops is company property, of course like OP said, this is country dependant.

if you would be permitted you would have the login-data

and again: it is technically impossible to have a master password
in roundcube because it is a webmail and has (thanks god) to use
the same autentication as any other client

If the OP used dovecot as the backend, there  is a way, never done it, but have seen it mentioned.

Cheers

Re: master password

Noel Butler
That's it, I knew someone would recall its function name :)