migrate users profiles to a new instance

migrate users profiles to a new instance

localguru
Hi,

is there a way to migrate users profiles incl. addressbooks from a 0.3.1
instance to another 1.2.1 instance?

Ciao!

Re: migrate users profiles to a new instance

Benny Pedersen-4
On 2016-08-17 23:06, Marcus Schopen wrote:

> is there a way to migrate users profiles incl. addressbooks from a
> 0.3.1
> instance to another 1.2.1 instance?

ask users to export addressbooks in 0.3.1 as vcard format

this vcard file can be imported in 1.2.1

settings restore/backup could be a feature request

Re: migrate users profiles to a new instance

localguru
Hi Benny,

Am Donnerstag, den 18.08.2016, 00:05 +0200 schrieb Benny Pedersen:
> On 2016-08-17 23:06, Marcus Schopen wrote:
>
> > is there a way to migrate users profiles incl. addressbooks from a
> > 0.3.1
> > instance to another 1.2.1 instance?
>
> ask users to export addressbooks in 0.3.1 as vcard format
>
> this vcard file can be imported in 1.2.1

Export/import was my first idea too, but what about other profile
configurations e.g. signatures. Sounds like a lot of work by hand. :/