(no subject)

Marc Roos

Is it possible to configure a different outgoing mail server for just a
few accounts only?

config.inc.php:
$config['smtp_server'] =

Re: (no subject)

@lbutlr
On 22 Dec 2019, at 07:17, Marc Roos <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is it possible to configure a different outgoing mail server for just a
> few accounts only?

In roundcube? I don’t think so.

If the Mailserver is yours, you can define special settings for certain accounts. Depending on you Mailserver software.

--
The person on the other side was a young woman. Very obviously a
        young woman. There was no possible way that she could have been

Re: (no subject)

David Pottage

On 22/12/2019 14:17, Marc Roos wrote
> Is it possible to configure a different outgoing mail server for just a
> few accounts only?

I doubt that is a feature of roundcube, though you could proably achieve
the same thing by creating a second parallel install of roundcube with a
different config and access URL, and asking the the unusual users to log
in using the other URL.

What is the problem you are trying to solve? There is probably a better
way to solve it.

--

David Pottage

Re: (no subject)

Marc Roos
I would like to keep things simple, for a temporary work-a-round.
Everyone is using the same https url.

I thought about something like creating a small array of usernames and
then add something like

if (in_array('%u', $userarr)) { $config['smtp_server'] =
'out2.example.com'; }

Preferably in the config, so I can update roundcube to newer versions
easily.

The above is of course not working because the %u is not expanded.

> Is it possible to configure a different outgoing mail server for just
> a few accounts only?

I doubt that is a feature of roundcube, though you could proably achieve
the same thing by creating a second parallel install of roundcube with a
different config and access URL, and asking the the unusual users to log
in using the other URL.

What is the problem you are trying to solve? There is probably a better
way to solve it.

--

David Pottage

Re: different mail server for some user accounts

David Pottage
I dare say you could edit the code for your local copy of Roundcube to
add that feature. I doubt anyone else would make the change for you,
unless you are offering to pay for the work.

Alternatively you could follow @lbutlr's suggestion of making the
necessary config changes in the upsteam mailserver, or my suggestion of
a second parallel install of Roundcube.

It all depends on which part of the overall stack you are most
comfortable with editing, but in any case it would help a lot if you
told the overall problem you are trying to solve, as there is likely to
be a better solution.

--

David Pottage

On 30/12/2019 13:59, Marc Roos wrote:

> I would like to keep things simple, for a temporary work-a-round.
> Everyone is using the same https url.
>
> I thought about something like creating a small array of usernames and
> then add something like
>
> if (in_array('%u', $userarr)) { $config['smtp_server'] =
> 'out2.example.com'; }
>
> Preferably in the config, so I can update roundcube to newer versions
> easily.
>
> The above is of course not working because the %u is not expanded.

Re: (no subject)

Dirk F. Raetzel
Hi Marc,

On 30/12/2019 21:59, Marc Roos wrote:

> I would like to keep things simple, for a temporary work-a-round.
> Everyone is using the same https url.
>
> I thought about something like creating a small array of usernames and
> then add something like
>
> if (in_array('%u', $userarr)) { $config['smtp_server'] =
> 'out2.example.com'; }
>
> Preferably in the config, so I can update roundcube to newer versions
> easily.

Use the virtuser_query plugin. No need for installation as it comes with
the normal roundcube installation. You just need to activate and
configure in your config file.

In your case you could do something like:

$config['virtuser_query'] = array('host' => "SELECT case when '%u' in
(....) then 'out2.example.com' else 'out1.example.com' end")

For more complicated cases store the relationship in your sql database
or build a stored procedure on the sql server. Any SQL statement which
gives back the host is allowed. %u will be expanded to the user login.

With the plugin you can also adjust other variables per user like the
email-address.

Best Regards

Dirk

Re: (no subject)

Marc Roos

 Hi Dirk,
Thanks!! this indeed looks interesting for some user specific settings

> I would like to keep things simple, for a temporary work-a-round.
> Everyone is using the same https url.
>
> I thought about something like creating a small array of usernames and

> then add something like
>
> if (in_array('%u', $userarr)) { $config['smtp_server'] =
> 'out2.example.com'; }
>
> Preferably in the config, so I can update roundcube to newer versions
> easily.

Use the virtuser_query plugin. No need for installation as it comes with
the normal roundcube installation. You just need to activate and
configure in your config file.

In your case you could do something like:

$config['virtuser_query'] = array('host' => "SELECT case when '%u' in
(....) then 'out2.example.com' else 'out1.example.com' end")

For more complicated cases store the relationship in your sql database
or build a stored procedure on the sql server. Any SQL statement which
gives back the host is allowed. %u will be expanded to the user login.

With the plugin you can also adjust other variables per user like the
email-address.

Best Regards

Dirk

round cube simple/small sieve plugin that just puts a 'flag'

Marc Roos

I want to run a cron job for specific users. And I want them to enable
this via the roundcube webinterface. I thought the easiest would be a
sieve plugin that sets some text in managesieve.sieve. And I just have
my cron job check for this setting.

Or is there a better way of doing such a thing?