permanent draft?

Marchello
  Hi all,

My need is to create permanent draft so that it doesn't disappear after
I use it to send email.
In other words, I'd like to re-use the same draft.
Is it possible at all?
Please advise.

Best,
Marchello

Re: permanent draft?

@lbutlr
On 26 Nov 2019, at 13:10, Marchello <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My need is to create permanent draft so that it doesn't disappear after I use it to send email.
> In other words, I'd like to re-use the same draft.

That would not be a draft, that would be a template. In Roundcube, “Responses” might work for you?

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain. But if he left chocolate bullets instead of

Re: permanent draft?

Marchello
On 2019-11-27 00:11, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 26 Nov 2019, at 13:10, Marchello <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> My need is to create permanent draft so that it doesn't disappear
>> after I use it to send email.
>> In other words, I'd like to re-use the same draft.
>
> That would not be a draft, that would be a template. In Roundcube,

That's right, I tried to use it already.
It allows to prepare message body which is nice.
Though it doesn't allow to prepare also subject and attachment.
Better than nothing anyway.
Thanks.

Best,
Marchello

Re: permanent draft?

Steve Perkins
You can create a draft and save it. Then when you want to send an email based on it, select it and use the Edit As New option (on the More..menu) instead of the Edit button at the top of the draft mail.
That way, the draft email will still be in the Drafts folder after you send the new email created from it.
Its not exactly what you want, but I think pretty close.

On 26 Nov 2019 at 22:12, @lbutlr <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 26 Nov 2019, at 13:10, Marchello  wrote:
> My need is to create permanent draft so that it doesn't disappear after I use it to send email.
> In other words, I'd like to re-use the same draft.

That would not be a draft, that would be a template. In Roundcube, “Responses” might work for you?

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"I think so, Brain. But if he left chocolate bullets instead of
	silver, they'd get all runny and gooey!”

Re: permanent draft?

Marchello
  Thanks Steve Perkins, that's exactly what I was looking for.

On 2019-11-27 00:35, Steve Perkins wrote:
> You can create a draft and save it. Then when you want to send an
> email based on it, select it and use the Edit As New option (on the
> More..menu) instead of the Edit button at the top of the draft mail.
>
> That way, the draft email will still be in the Drafts folder after you
> send the new email created from it.
>
> Its not exactly what you want, but I think pretty close.

Re: permanent draft?

Kaz Kylheku
On 2019-11-26 12:10, Marchello wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My need is to create permanent draft so that it doesn't disappear
> after I use it to send email.
> In other words, I'd like to re-use the same draft.

It doesn't quite disappear; it goes to the Sent folder; there
you can invoke "Edit As New" on it.

Re: permanent draft?

Marchello
On 2019-11-27 02:01, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> On 2019-11-26 12:10, Marchello wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My need is to create permanent draft so that it doesn't disappear
>> after I use it to send email.
>> In other words, I'd like to re-use the same draft.
>
> It doesn't quite disappear; it goes to the Sent folder; there
> you can invoke "Edit As New" on it.

Oh, that's one more useful tip. Thanks, Kaz Kylheku!

Best,
Marchello

Re: permanent draft?

Gerardo Contreras

Hello. In our experience, sending a welcome letter to new employees, It's better to write the template as a draft, in the drafts folder, instead of having to edit the sent mail. That way you fill in the pertinent information instead of replacing it -- this avoids overlooking a certain detail that was meant to a previous recipient, and sending it incorrectly to the new recipient.

Sorry if my grammar makes no sense. New baby at home and sleep has become a strange comodity.

Gerardo Contreras

On 26 Nov 2019, at 17:51, Gerardo Contreras <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In our experience, sending a welcome letter to new employees, It's better to write the template as a draft, in the drafts folder, instead of having to edit the sent mail. That way you fill in the pertinent information instead of replacing it -- this avoids overlooking a certain detail that was meant to a previous recipient, and sending it incorrectly to the new recipient.

This is a good point, but I do this by editing the welcome mail that postfixadmin sends when a new account is created. This means the welcome message is veery generic, but it includes the links that might be useful and some information that everyone ignores, but hey, we sent it!

--
'Can't argue with the truth, sir.' 'In my experience, Vimes, you can
        argue with anything.’

Re: permanent draft?

Kaz Kylheku
On 2019-11-27 12:56, @lbutlr wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2019, at 17:51, Gerardo Contreras <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> In our experience, sending a welcome letter to new employees, It's
>> better to write the template as a draft, in the drafts folder, instead
>> of having to edit the sent mail. That way you fill in the pertinent
>> information instead of replacing it -- this avoids overlooking a
>> certain detail that was meant to a previous recipient, and sending it
>> incorrectly to the new recipient.
>
> This is a good point, but I do this by editing the welcome mail that
> postfixadmin sends when a new account is created. This means the
> welcome message is veery generic, but it includes the links that might
> be useful and some information that everyone ignores, but hey, we sent
> it!

Sending a boiler-plate mail can also be scripted (i.e. not use Roundcube
at all, or any other interactive e-mail client).

Rosetta Code has a "write a function to send mail" task, which is solved
in over fifty programming languages:

http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Send_email