printing email

mick crane
hello
is roundcubemail-1.4-rc1
with the defaults if print email on B&W printer is not very readable
because of green and blue colours.
Where is it possible to adjust the print settings ?
Also is it possible to remove the header "subject: From: etc ?

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: printing email

mick crane
On 2019-03-05 23:38, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 06.03.19 um 00:29 schrieb mick crane:
>> hello
>> is roundcubemail-1.4-rc1
>> with the defaults if print email on B&W printer is not very readable
>> because of green and blue colours.
>> Where is it possible to adjust the print settings ?
>> Also is it possible to remove the header "subject: From: etc ?
>
> you realize that roundcube is a MUA running inside your browser?

What does this mean ?
I should fiddle about with the browser config to print off a legible
receipt or something ?
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: printing email

mick crane
On 2019-03-06 00:23, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.03.19 um 00:54 schrieb mick crane:
>>>
>>> you realize that roundcube is a MUA running inside your browser?
>>
>> What does this mean ?
>> I should fiddle about with the browser config to print off a legible
>> receipt or something ?
>
> surely
>
> if you want a full featured MUA use a full featured MUA
> webmail is nice but not a real MUA

Where does the code that prints the email to the window pane exist ?
perhaps sed can change the colour code there to black just for printing
and change it back.
If I occasionally print off information I can copy paste to external
editor but if is a store receipt it wouldn't look "official"
mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31

Re: [misc] printing email

mick crane
On 2019-03-06 14:29, Lewis Butler wrote:

>> Where does the code that prints the email to the window pane exist ?
>
> In your browser and in your Operating System. For example, on macOS I
> have a preset called “Black and white” which ignores any color in the
> job and just prints it as straight black and white. Or I can save as a
> PDF print, then export with a Quartz filter to convert to B&W (or
> Greyscakle if I prefer)
>
> Here’s an example of that:
>
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf00h1nkzepror6/Screenshot%202019-03-06%2007.26.59.png?dl=0>
>
> Roundcube creates a “print” window, It doesn’t actually print, that’s
> up to your hardware.

Ok found it in browser preferences

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31