question about using Round Cube webmail

billk
I have been using this program for 9 years... mostly putting up with it.

Today, I really needed to move some folders from one 'parent' folder to
another.  I could not figure out how to do that.  Any input is greatly
appreciated.

Bill Kniegge

Re: question about using Round Cube webmail

Marchello
 Hi Bill Kniegge,

Let's say you have two folders, source and target in your 'parent' (inbox)
folder.
In this case, message files are stored in ~/Maildir/.INBOX.source/cur/

Thus all you have to do is just to move files from
~/Maildir/.INBOX.source/cur/ to ~/Maildir/.INBOX.target/cur/ using your
favourite file manager or just in console:

mv ~/Maildir/.INBOX.source/cur/ ~/Maildir/.INBOX.target/cur/

(you can test it by copying just one message and then make sure it
appeared in target folder using your email client)

I did this before because email client starts to open folder slowly after
its amount of messages becomes huge.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Marchello.

[hidden email] wrote:
> I have been using this program for 9 years... mostly putting up with it.
>
> Today, I really needed to move some folders from one 'parent' folder to
> another.  I could not figure out how to do that.  Any input is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Bill Kniegge

Re: question about using Round Cube webmail

billk
thanks for the feedback... I will give it a try