roundcube.net website refresh

Phil Weir
Hi,

I was thinking that with the work on Elastic progressing it might also be a
good idea to refresh the roundcube.net website and make it responsive.

As an initial step I have created https://johndoh.github.io/. I have made
very little changes to the actual content. Two things I have done are remove
references to Sourceforge and added Plugins to the nav bar.

I have used Bootstrap to make the existing content responsive. As I said,
this is an initial draft. I am not a graphic designer. And I have not
bothered to make new screenshots.

Before spending too much time on it I thought I'd share my idea and see what
people think. Are other people working on this? Is it even something that
the devs really want an outsider doing?

Thanks,

Phil

Re: roundcube.net website refresh

Daniel Rauer-2
Hm ... Don't know what to say. Awesome? Great work? Thanks? Everything
together.

This is a great improvement to the current site, so I clearly vote for
going live with your version.

Thanks for your effort!
Daniel

On 06/09/2018 04:37 PM, Phil Weir wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was thinking that with the work on Elastic progressing it might also be a
> good idea to refresh the roundcube.net website and make it responsive.
>
> As an initial step I have created https://johndoh.github.io/. I have made
> very little changes to the actual content. Two things I have done are remove
> references to Sourceforge and added Plugins to the nav bar.
>
> I have used Bootstrap to make the existing content responsive. As I said,
> this is an initial draft. I am not a graphic designer. And I have not
> bothered to make new screenshots.
>
> Before spending too much time on it I thought I'd share my idea and see what
> people think. Are other people working on this? Is it even something that
> the devs really want an outsider doing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

bytemine GmbH - Im Technologiepark 4 - 26129 Oldenburg
Support: 0441-30 91 97-42 - Vertrieb: 0441-30 91 97-69
Geschäftsführung: Daniel Rauer - Dr. Christoph Niemann
Amtsgericht in Oldenburg --- Handelsregister B 203 940
https://www.bytemine.net --- Steuernummer: DE267286778

On 09.06.2018 16:37, Phil Weir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was thinking that with the work on Elastic progressing it might also be a
> good idea to refresh the roundcube.net website and make it responsive.
>
> As an initial step I have created https://johndoh.github.io/. I have made
> very little changes to the actual content. Two things I have done are remove
> references to Sourceforge and added Plugins to the nav bar.

I think that's a good idea and your version looks nice. I don't really
have time to spend on the webpage code, but maybe Thomas would like to
work on this. Thanks.

Re: roundcube.net website refresh

Thomas Bruederli-2
Hello Phil

Thank you so much for your work. Your new copy of the website is a huge improvement to the aged layout of the current one. I'm definitely in to accept this as a full replacement. The screenshots might need some improvement, smaller screen size, more details but that's minor and I might find some time to add to this.

Again, that's great work and we very much appreciate it. Could you submit this as a pull request to https://github.com/roundcube/roundcube.github.com ?

Best,
Thomas

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Phil Weir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was thinking that with the work on Elastic progressing it might also
be a
> > good idea to refresh the roundcube.net website and make it responsive.
> >
> > As an initial step I have created https://johndoh.github.io/. I have
made
> > very little changes to the actual content. Two things I have done are
> remove
> > references to Sourceforge and added Plugins to the nav bar.
>
> I think that's a good idea and your version looks nice. I don't really
> have time to spend on the webpage code, but maybe Thomas would like to
> work on this. Thanks.

I've made a few improvements and added screenshots from 1.3.6.

The screenshots should all be anonymous and generic, if any one spots any
errors or has some better example emails to use in them please let me know.

Thanks,

Phil